Sodium Percarbonate

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brizbrew said:
Being a relative newbie to HB I use plain unscented homebrand bleach leave things soak for a while, sometimes a while longer if I forget :rolleyes: and thoroughly rinse with a hose with one of those jet attachments on the end, does the trick.
I am pretty sure it was John Palmer who advocated the use of el cheapo bleach in his online book, may be wrong though.
[post="65437"][/post]​
the problem with bleach is it's bad for stainless steel so it's a no-no on kegs, that's why alot of us use sodium percarbonate

Hoops

probably in 1 kg lots, as i have to get it per kg

the shop is not a HB shop, its my Pizza shop,

ozbrewer said:
probably in 1 kg lots, as i have to get it per kg

the shop is not a HB shop, its my Pizza shop,
[post="65443"][/post]​

Even better - a free pizza with every kilo :D :D

I would like a couple of Kg's

I can see it now people going into the shop , a pizza and a kilo of .....the white power mate....sodium stuff :ph34r:

Feds will be keeping an eye on this operation :lol:

Batz

Batz said:
I would like a couple of Kg's

I can see it now people going into the shop , a pizza and a kilo of .....the white power mate....sodium stuff :ph34r:
[post="65447"][/post]​

Tropical Shirts... Gold Chains... White Shoes... Scarface... Not out of place in Qld. :lol:

Warren -

jgriffin said:
I ofund a supplier in Brisbane - $99 for 25kg. Just haven't had a chance to go get it due to it being tax time. I think Oz found it slightly cheaper elsewhere.
[post="65426"][/post]​

Jgriffin,

where abouts is this shop? Hope it's closer than Deception bay? I will be out and about on the weekend, so may be able to seek it out. Could be a problem if they're not open on the weekends....

- Snow

With all this talk on Sodium Percarbonate, why do Napisan containers to take care when soaking items with metal objects ie such as Zips in Napisan?

Or does the problem just lie in the other ingredients of Napisan, or that metals such as stainless steel are fine as they don't react?

Will

Snow JGriffin & others, I am willing to pick up most of the sodium percarbonate and distribute from here if you like? Bit closer for you than Deception Bay.

Hoops

thanks for the input fellas,much appreciated.one enquiry sure got a big ball rolling! cheers spog.

kungy said:
With all this talk on Sodium Percarbonate, why do Napisan containers to take care when soaking items with metal objects ie such as Zips in Napisan?

Or does the problem just lie in the other ingredients of Napisan, or that metals such as stainless steel are fine as they don't react?
[post="65477"][/post]​
Sodium percarbonate is an alkali (not that strong) and a powerful oxidiser. Its action comes from all the O3 it puts into the water (hence the bubbles). When its done you are left with sodium carbonate (washing soda) solution.

Anyway, some metals don't like strong oxidants. My somewhat famous group head picture shows what it does to coffee stained SS:

groupheadclean.jpg

Hoops said:
Snow JGriffin & others, I am willing to pick up most of the sodium percarbonate and distribute from here if you like? Bit closer for you than Deception Bay.

Hoops
[post="65567"][/post]​

Thanks, Hoops - you're on!

- Snow

I am interested in a bulk purchase, probably pickup in the brisbane area would work.

ok the first lot is ordered and probably all spoken for, but i can get more at any time, i think ill get another lot late next week, it loks like it will be comming in 1 sack so ill have to split it into bags

Ok after a lot of stuffing around the first bag has arrived, itson 25 KG so fisrt in best dressed

So far i have Hoops and Jgriff, anyone else

Its in a 25 kg bag, it can either be picked up from my shop or i can post it, for postage have a look on the aust post web for costs, my Post Code is 4508

if its being posted youll need to add a few $$ to cover the post pack and the bags to put it in

If you want to get it from the shop bring a container.......and make sure you order a pizza :rolleyes:

anyone interested PM me

I'll be in if someone doesnt' mind holding till end of month for me while I'm overseas?

Happy with any quantity.

I'm still keen for up to 10kg. Jgriffin, any chance you could pick mine up when you go over?

- Snow

ok

Ross 5kg
Hoops 5kg
Snow 10kg
THat leaves 5 kg for Jgriff

I have another 25 kg orderd, but im going to see if i can get it of another suplier today so i dont have to wait a month for it to arrive

Tim said:
I use a laboratory cleaner called 'pyroneg' for cleaning. It is 98% alkaline salts and works a treat. Apparently it is used for steralising surgical equiptment, but i always give a good rinse and then sanitise with iodophor.
Tim,
Do you still use Pyroneg? I have a Jar (about 500gms) that was given to me by guy that used to work in a hospital but I don't know what quantities to use or if it is ok for kegs. He used it for bottle cleaning but, obviously, kegs have seals. Will it be ok for the seals?
Cheers
Troy

TroyNZ said:
Tim,
Do you still use Pyroneg? I have a Jar (about 500gms) that was given to me by guy that used to work in a hospital but I don't know what quantities to use or if it is ok for kegs. He used it for bottle cleaning but, obviously, kegs have seals. Will it be ok for the seals?
Cheers
Troy

Total thumbs up on the necro. That's legendary.
:beerbang:

Latest posts

Back