Sodium Perc - NSW, Hills District/ Hornsby (2013)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mkstalen

Reaction score
Anyone around the Hills or Hornsby interested in a Sodium Perc bulk buy?

Just putting out the feelers at this point. No guarantees that it'll go ahead, I haven't even gotten prices yet.

I'm in. Will see if I can rope in the neighbors too.

If there's enough interest, would you be able to include some sodium metasilicate in the buy?

If there's enough interest, possibly.

I've contacted 3 companies for costing, I'll see what they come back with.

punkin said:
Will you post?
Unfortunately not. Sodium Perc is considered a Hazardous Substance, so Aust Post won't take it, would need to be a courier which probably would make it too expensive. (And cheaper to just buy PBW from your LHBS)

Have only got a price back from one supplier so far. (Same place Yob used for his Melbourne bulk buy, and looks like prices have gone up...)

Sodium Percarbonate (25kgs) $1.64 per kg plus GST = $45.10 per pag
Sodium Metasilicate Penta (25kgs) $1.43 per kg plus GST = $39.33 per bag

Shipping from Melbourne to Pennant Hills would be on top of this (that's assuming they'll deliver to residential address), but they can't give a price until they've got quantities.

Happy to take 5kgs depending on freight cost

I'll take a bag of sodium perc and will split a bag of sodium met with a few people.

I'll also take a bag of Perc and split some Met with you pimpsqueak.

As far as I recall, other threads here indicate 2:1

Don't be quoting me on that though....

3 parts perc, 1 part met.. The met go's a long way, the 5kg I got a few years ago will probably see my daughter's lifetime out

Hey guys, just a suggestion to get yourselves organized, have a look at this:

http://aussiehomebrewer.com/topic/75213-2013-sodium-perc-met-bb-melbourne/

Have a look at Grumpy Paul's post #14 for a way of organizing your splits. Since the bags are 25Kg each, a logical split would be in 5Kg increments (BTW, 5Kg will fit nicely in 5L tubs that you can get from Masters for about $4 each). A 25Kg bag of Perc. will fit nicely in a 20L bucket - also available from Masters for about $6.

Happy bulking!

Back