Sodastream Valves

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Drew

Reaction score
All of the 60L sodastream bottles I've ever used have had a small pin for the valve, as shown here:
20140629_202242.jpg.

Recently I came across one with a much flatter valve. I didn't notice the change in valve until after attaching it to the adapter and reg, and although the valve engaged, the adapter did not seal to the cylinder. (Cold co2 blasting everywhere).
20140703_212814.jpg

Are there any resident experts around here - Is this old news? The date stamped on the cylinder with the flat valve is Jan 2014.

Funny, ALL the 60 litre bottles I have used are the "flat" type as per the second photo...
I noticed the difference when they first became available, concerned as to whether or not my soda stream adapter for a standard reg would still work because the smaller bottles had been like the first valve you have pictured.
No problem, both worked

Yep I had the co2 leaking everywhere thing as well, I tried putting one of the nylon regulator seals in but then the adapter wouldn't screw in far enough to depress the pin on the cylinder. Ended up putting a rubber o-ring in there and it worked after that. You get a small amount of gas escape as you tighten it but nothing to worry about.

ed. I think it was actually a nitrile o-ring off a keg post...

8.5 tap spindle o rings also work.

Latest posts

Back