Soda Water?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We drink way more soda water than beer in our house hold so I have 2 soda kegs and one beer keg in the kegerator. One soda water for drinking and the other one is carbing so there is a seamless supply when a keg blows.

I can also just fit two 2.6kg MKOL Co2 bottles into the kegerator, one at 200 kPa for the soda water and the other one at whatever I serve the beer at.

Like Stux I used to carb at about 400 kPa for a while to speed things up. When I was doing that I greatly appreciated having a flow control tap for soda water so you could still dispense while it was carbing.

I wouldn't skimp getting a cheap tap for soda water and if it's only for looks, but each to their own.

Hey guys sorry to revive this thread but looking for some advice on running a soda water keg in my kegerator. Having trouble with serving once I have carbed it. Thinking it may be the length of beer line I am using? Basically I cant get a decent flow out of the tap unless I have the pressure up quite high, what length beer line do people use for their soda water kegs? I'm using 5mm id lines btw.
Thanks for any advice

When I make up my soda keg, I leave a good gap at the top, probably 3 or 4 litres of space. I charge this up to 300 kilopickles and keep topping it up for 3 or 4 days until the water is saturated. U will find that with a three atmosphere kick behind it, you will get lots of super bubbly soda.

I forgot to mention that I keep the soda keg disconnected from the rest of the CO2 plumbing. An occasional topup with gas will keep things flowing.

So you don't worry about lone length at all? I was having problems with the tap leaking a bit with the higher pressure but that's because I kept the keg connected. Do you disconnect your beer kegs before reconnecting the soda keg then?

My CO2 bottle is connected to the system with a standard corny keg coupling so I can unplug it from the kegerator and connect to the soda keg direct. That way I don't upset the peace, tranquility and balance of the system or operator.

Back