Soda Stream Modifications

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grogmonster

Reaction score
I am setting up a portable keg system for parties etc. I am modifying a Soda Stream soft drink machine for discharging the good stuff. I have noticed that there is a small brass fitting in the bottom of the unit. Does anyone know what this does? It appears to me to be some sort of pressure relief valve.

I don't have an answer for you, but try a Search for 'sodastream' theres tons of info out there.
If you can't find info about using the original valve, Hoops has a few adaptors made up for sale to adapt a small CO2 regulator that GMK sells Here.
Theres a large thread about party kegs Here.

Edit: added/fixed link

gm

yep you're right there it's a pressure relief valve.

Hoops

Hoops, should I incorporate the valve into my set up? I've already blown the gas line off the end of the disconnect. Would the valve stop the pressure going that high and so prevent lines blowing off?

Cheers, Groggy.

Would probably work alright if you used it just for dispensing and not carbonating as the pressure will not be high enough for carbonation. I haven't played with them much so not sure exactly what pressure they release at, but it would probably stop your hose blow outs.

Hoops

Back