Soda Stream Bottles,old For New

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Batz

Batz Brewery...Hand crafted beers from the 'Batcav
Reaction score
I scored a couple of the steel Soda Stream bottles yesterday,will they exchange these for the new type?
And what shop does them Wollies?

I can fill them myself I know .

Cheers
Batz

I scored a couple of the steel Soda Stream bottles yesterday,will they exchange these for the new type?
And what shop does them Wollies?

I can fill them myself I know .

Cheers
Batz

Take em to Woolies Batz!

I have been using the new ones and from what I have been told, they won't accept the old ones back anymore. Ihave asked at a few woollies in Sydney and they have said no. Otherwise ring up Sodastream and ask them.

You can buy the bottles by them selves. I bought two from my local K-mart. They stock them as "extras" so you can have spares on hand. The original cost however is more expensive then the change over price.

Pok

I have a collection of 4 or 5 empty bottles I keep shopping to I find a place that sells them, then "buy" a refill without the exchange, oh silly me I forgot to bring the empty one, the wife did not tell me, the kids will be disappointed can I bring the empty one in next time.

$11.50 later I have one new full bottle

I have a collection of 4 or 5 empty bottles I keep shopping to I find a place that sells them, then "buy" a refill without the exchange, oh silly me I forgot to bring the empty one, the wife did not tell me, the kids will be disappointed can I bring the empty one in next time.

$11.50 later I have one new full bottle
58.gif

Batz, keep searching and you'll find one that will take them back. I tried Kmart and got knocked back, then went to Mitre 10 Hardware and they swapped it no troubles at all. Kmart gave the speal about not taking the old ones anymore but at Mitre 10 they swapped it without question.

Best of luck.

Anyone know somewhere in Melbourne that will still swap the old style cylinders over for new ones?

Big W

cheers Ross

hi, woolworths stores are still swapping empty old (grey steel) gas bottles for the new aluminium cylinders
plus the fill charge , approx $11 . soda stream head office are still authorising the swap i believe . i exchanged one recently myself.

cheers alan

Ok, it seems that Big W and Woolworths (Safeway) are happy to swap old ones over for new but no-one has any stock of the refills at the moment. Haven't had any deliveries since before Christmas. I tried two Big Ws and one Safeway here in Vic. I guess Soda Stream are still on their summer holidays.

Ok, it seems that Big W and Woolworths (Safeway) are happy to swap old ones over for new but no-one has any stock of the refills at the moment. Haven't had any deliveries since before Christmas. I tried two Big Ws and one Safeway here in Vic. I guess Soda Stream are still on their summer holidays.

You could try K-Mart - they often forget to ask you for the old ones in exchange. My local one had heaps of cylinders in stock a couple of weeks ago.

Personally, I don't see why it should matter which retailer you go to - either SodaStream accept the steel ones back from their agents or they don't. Also not sure how they'd go about justifying it to genuine customers who get stuck with steel bottles either - I'd be pretty miffed if I bought one of the last machines with steel bottles and went back for an exchange to be sold 'sorry, we've changed our bottles, you need to pay another $25'.

It would be interesting to know whether it is an official policy or not - and if so, how they justify it.

You could try K-Mart - they often forget to ask you for the old ones in exchange. My local one had heaps of cylinders in stock a couple of weeks ago.

Personally, I don't see why it should matter which retailer you go to - either SodaStream accept the steel ones back from their agents or they don't. Also not sure how they'd go about justifying it to genuine customers who get stuck with steel bottles either - I'd be pretty miffed if I bought one of the last machines with steel bottles and went back for an exchange to be sold 'sorry, we've changed our bottles, you need to pay another $25'.

It would be interesting to know whether it is an official policy or not - and if so, how they justify it.

It is official policy Wortgames, SodaStream themselves told me it was only Big W (or maybe Woolworths - I get confused B) ) that would exchange the bottles. Even Sodastream wouldn't when i asked, which was very strange. Thankfully we have a W locally.

cheers Ross

That's interesting Ross - so I wonder what Big W do with all the steel ones?!

Maybe they were the only ones with plums big enough to tell SodaStream that it isn't fair to tell all your existing customers that they have to start again...

That's interesting Ross - so I wonder what Big W do with all the steel ones?!

Maybe they were the only ones with plums big enough to tell SodaStream that it isn't fair to tell all your existing customers that they have to start again...

Maybe they are the only store with a contract outstanding for return, as all the stores used to do it & have slowly stopped. I'm guessing as even sodastream won't exchange, it won't be long before no one will...

Cheers Ross

Just went to a different Safeway/Woolworths here in Melbourne and they had refills in stock. Swapped over, no questions asked - $11.68 each refill. Young girl serving, just walked up and said I wanted to grab a couple of Soda Stream refills. All very easy... now go to get cracking on the party keg :beerbang:

Maybe they are the only store with a contract outstanding for return

I don't think it can be as simple as that Ross - they must all still return bottles, it's just whether the bottles are made from steel or alloy. Surely either SS are willing to exchange their steel cylinders or they are not?!

It just doesn't seem to make any sense for some stores to accept them and for others not to. It's not like they fill the cylinders in the store and don't have the right apparatus or something.

I demand logic goddammit! :angry:

I just looked in Big W here in Newcastle $39.00 outright purchase, $11.80 swap over.

New alloy Cylinders

Maybe they are the only store with a contract outstanding for return

I don't think it can be as simple as that Ross - they must all still return bottles, it's just whether the bottles are made from steel or alloy. Surely either SS are willing to exchange their steel cylinders or they are not?!

It just doesn't seem to make any sense for some stores to accept them and for others not to. It's not like they fill the cylinders in the store and don't have the right apparatus or something.

-- I took a 20year old bottle into Woolworths - from a st Vincents... The girl behind the counter did look at it strangely but after giving her $12 I got a shiny new one. Which is now empty...as are two kegs. Another happy customer. That was at wollies in Round Corner.

Cheers,
Dave

I just swapped over an old one for a new one on Sat.
$11.60 no questions asked. :super:
Big W at Tuggerah nsw

Latest posts

Back