So What Time Does Your Bar Open On Xmas Day

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We usually start off very early, with a chicken and champagne breakfast.

However I have to have a pre-breakfast and post-breakfast beer (not overly keen on the smell or taste of sparkly, since I work with it everyday)....

Then after that, she's on for young or old... Since my kids have all grown up and can look after themselves.

Simply give me a quiet corner and my kegs then I will be a very happy little chappie.

Cheers to one and all...

K

Champers appears to be a popular thing for xmas morning.....might have to go and get one for 'er in doors. Be all romatic and all that!?
Cheers
Steve

The one day of the year Im allowed to get on the turps in the morning

Allowed?
Geez if my missus wasn't as big an alco as I was and told me what times I could and couldn't drink, I'd push her into the keg freezer and hold the door shut till she calmed down a bit. HTFU :lol: ;)

I will start the day with being woken by the phone ringing at around 8am, Mum on the other end waking me and telling me "Santa's been"...then I will get up, pour a Vodka(Orange and Chilli flavoured) and orange and give my Dog his present - half a cow's leg(butcher's bone) and then open a bottle of Yalumba D Black(that I get from work this week) and have a few glasses before going up to the folks for Lunch.
So first drink will be about 8:10am...
:chug:

I will start the day with being woken by the phone ringing at around 8am, Mum on the other end waking me and telling me "Santa's been".

Reminds me of my mom. She phones at 7:05am on my birthday every year - the exact time I was born. Unfortunately she never takes into account the time zone difference - sometimes I get awoken at 6:05. <_< :lol:

As soon as i wake up. I have a frosty cold six pack of Pilsner Urquell in the fridge and a Pale Ale in the Tap-a-Draft. My 16 month old son will probably wake at about 6:30am so...........

Normally about 10am, but not this year. Driving to the wifes family. So will be more like 1230 and it'll be a light <_<

Usually about 9-10am christmas eve, our party starts the night before, and i start drinking when i light up the webber.

Bar opened about half an hour ago... :D

Merry Christmas

Now....With my new Beer Glass ..it's one of those Ritzenhoff 20 oz numbers :D
PC243320.JPGPC243321.JPG

STOKED!!! Cheers everybody

Mine just did as well!

Videoconference-drinking with my family in Germany! Gutmann Weissbier over there ... and my stuff from tap here (plus some Schneider Weisse) :beer:

Merry Christmas everyone!

Frohe Weihnachten euch allen!

dunno about the bar, but i think i might get the brewery fired up and get one mashed today , xmas boredom has set in early this year....

bringin mash water up to temp now ...

Well mine opened about 7.30! A bit earlier than normal. Hair of the dog though eh. Drinking a nice brown belgian!
Cheers everyone!
Steve

The bar closed late last night and will stay closed until I get off work at 10pm... :(

Merry Christmas and I hope my colleagues and I don't meet any of you today.

WJ

(Maybe sneak in a half at lunch)

Hmmm, apparently I'm driving to my parents for lunch (and back <_< ) so I'll be surviving on a couple of Golds until about 2pm when the bar opens and the hefe tap gets cracked.

RIGHT NOW!

TP :beer:

same here! except im too full from lunch to have one just yet. getting the party keg set up to take to the in-laws though. hope it works :huh:

oh, and merry christmas brewers!
joe

Latest posts

Back