So What Have You Go Brewin?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ALLGRAINs' ON TAP

steam beer -exept with tetts, halls and cascades as well as the NB.

lcpa with darker crystal than they use(amc dark 240ebc) -MAIN BREWING STYLE

irish style amber ale,GUINNESS YEAST FUGGLES etc

coopers style ale with imc pale ale malt and of course POR

english pale ale, not quite up to scratch.worst brew yet bad fermentation

SECONDARY

mountain goat pale ale clone (does anyone know what yeast they use)i used wyeast 1272 iam pretty sure they dont use that.

robust porter

another lcpa type nw pale ale

I just brewed 200L (yes 200L, we have a big club own brew system) of Bohemian Pilsner about a 2 months ago and is going to be tapped this weekend. I have a robust porter that Im going to rack onto 45g Ghiradelli Unsweetened cocoa and maybe throw some bourbon in with it...ummm...chocholate bourbon.

I have a cranberry mead that needs to be transfered and more honey added to it. I also have a desert wine that has been sitting on oak for 3 months that I need to bottle.

My favorite right now is the Margarita Mead I just made...should be scrumdiddlyumpscious. Need to brew soon...to many empty carboys.

Hello folks,

Nearly brewing. Just joined this board. I have been researching for a month or so but havent started a brew yet. I wanted to ask a couple of possibly dumb questions...

If you rack beer into a cube after s.g. stays same for 2 days what stops the head space in the cube from oxygen spoiling the beer?

If you racked earlier would you need a airlock or could you just morning and night release the lid to ease pressure?

Thanks folks for all the posts on this board that have helped me and others along the path to good beer...

Regards, Nearly

25L of english bitter (extract/specialty) in primary. OG 1044. Lots of fuggles and styrian goldings hops. Should be a ripper.

My cascade common is in secondary too, I'll rack it to a keg in a week or so.

Kegged my kit based wheat yesterday too. Its in the fridge but Its not carbonated yet. I finally relocated my gas bottle to outside the fridge, but need to drill a hole to get the line in. I'll do that tues night.

I've only got about 8KG of LLME left now. Around enough for another two brews. Looks like I'll have to start the gear together for allgrain :D

This is going to be a big brew week for me.
My mates managed to really suck their way through a couple of kegs on Saturday watching the home team (All Blacks) demolish the Wannabies. What a game.

So last night I put down a 3kg ESB Bav Lager kit I had lying around using WLP920 Old Bavarian Lager Yeast. Nicely fermenting away at 11degC this morning.

Tonight I'll rack my ESB Irish Red Full Wort Kit and keg my AG Weizen.

This weekend I'm planning a double AG brew day. Will be brewing an AG Mild (ala Newcastle Brown) and an AG Doc's Brew Cupboard Cleanout Strong Ale (using up all the left over grain from other brews). That one should be around 7% +.

I also inheritied a couple more fermenters over the weekend from a mate who isn't able to brew for a while, so will be putting those to use as well.

Gotta get the stocks up for the World Cup :D

Doc

Latest posts

Back