So What Did You Get For Christmas 2007 ?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ended up with 2 very nice bottles of scotch to add to the colection. Both very nice drinking too i must add.

cheers

Edit: spelling, horiffic mistake that i would never live down

Glenrothes__549_x_824_.jpg

Single_barrel_jack__549_x_824_.jpg

I only see one bottle of scotch, and one bottle of American whiskey. ;)

Good presents received by all it appears. Everyone lovs Santa...except those on Futurama....Uneekwahn will know waht i mean by the sounds of it...Terrific score with the poster.
I got my presents early...A turkey fryer, HP regulator, and other assorted brew related products...All bought from G&G on the pre-christmas sale and posted all the way to Cooktown. Still saved about $50.
Finally, on Sunday just gone...i won a immersion plate chiller from E-bay for $60 odd dollars. THANKYOU MASHMASTER!

With FNQ Bunyip preapring to post me a bag i will be on the way to AG!

Just got to brew the remaining kits...Muntons traditional bitter, Breqcraft Czech Pilsner and and a Muntons pilsner.

Nothing beer related :( , but something for brewing. A coffee maker (not up to coffeesnob level, but a small step up for me and a better drink is a better drink. :D ).

I on the other hand got something that was quite up to a coffeesnob level :D

Image136.jpg
My new baby (Vibiemme Domobar Super)

Well... when I say I got it, I mean I got a contribution roughly 1/10th of what its worth :p

S

edit: may as well add the beer related while im here...a bottle of fullers ESB, and bottle of Wells Bombardier and a Chimay giftpack (one each of red white and blue plus a goblet) and a box of 48 headmaster conicals.

View attachment 17034

Well... when I say I got it, I mean I got a contribution roughly 1/10th of what its worth :p

S

edit: may as well add the beer related while im here...a bottle of fullers ESB, and bottle of Wells Bombardier and a Chimay giftpack (one each of red white and blue plus a goblet) and a box of 48 headmaster conicals.

Man that looks awesome. I've been forced to neglect my coffee evolution in favour of keeping beer brewing going. The plunger does OK but... :(

Yep - the lucky bastards handshake. Sammus will teach you.............. <_<

Yep - the lucky bastards handshake. Sammus will teach you.............. <_<

Tehehe :D Actually I forgot my other beer related presents too, a Beerbelly kettle filter and 100g of green bullet whole flowers ;) Cheers!

Sammus,

That's one impressive coffee machine.

What type of degree do you need to operate it?

Wally

Well I have Honours in mathematics, and am a year into my PhD, and I still can't work it properly :p

View attachment 17034

That looks like something fresh out of the new transformers movie.

Tony - i bought myself a bottle of Gentleman Jack and a bottle of Single Barrel ;) Yet to open them.

Adam - plungers are the lowest form of coffee (instant isn't even coffee)

Wally - you are one lucky *******!

Sammus - you are one lucky ******* also!

The kids got a Wii, but it is secretly for me ;)

cheers
johnno

I gave up on the pretense it was for the kid and just claimed it as my own from the outset. Love the bowling.

Also a 10" SS false bottom and 4" dial Mashmaster thermometer. Construction of keggle mashtun now complete, will put up some pictures later.

The new mash tun

FB.JPG outside.JPG

dialtap.JPG inside.JPG

Still gotta find something to get rid of the stuff on the bottom..

Oh yeah - and the last present - my parents went 1/2vs with me on one of these:

2008-cinder-cone.jpg

Feel like a kid again (and I'm 30!) - my parents buying me a bike for Christmas. Used to me a massive rider until a wicked crash put me in hospital for 3 weeks - that was 13 years ago, so looking forward to cracking down some trails on this!

Aaaaah, gotta love Christmas!

Cheers - Mike

Well, here's the best part of my xmas present to my wife and myself :)

We picked her up on Sunday, she's now 8 weeks and 2 days old and, as her collar suggests, her name is Lucy :)

Lucy.jpg

Back