So I bought a freezer and font

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome.

That single keg does seem a bit lonely though, better get brewing!

Looks awesome.

That single keg does seem a bit lonely though, better get brewing!
yep got 4 in there now. :)
1 imperial IPA
1 brown IPA
1 red IPA
1 soda water for the kids:D

2 session IPAs in the fermenters.

after that I'll probably do another RED IPA and maybe a citra or something.

addicted to IPA at the moment.

Rapt for you that it sealed well mate.

Any idea of the flow rate on your pump?

I chucked all the packaging, but it is roughly 10L per minute in my setup. Uses about half the reservoir of 10L to fill the fount in about 30 seconds.
In less than 3 minutes I have condensation on the fount and I'm tasting my first beer. :)

I chucked all the packaging, but it is roughly 10L per minute in my setup. Uses about half the reservoir of 10L to fill the fount in about 30 seconds.
In less than 3 minutes I have condensation on the fount and I'm tasting my first beer. :)
Great result mate. What temp are you running the freezer at?
Would ruin the flavour of your beer - but if you were set at -2 deg, you would be seeing ice on that fount at that flow rate I reckon.

Oh and I made my own labels.:p:D
All semi borrowed off the internet!
19988803_10155528845496306_1692907558_n.png

Great result mate. What temp are you running the freezer at?
Would ruin the flavour of your beer - but if you were set at -2 deg, you would be seeing ice on that fount at that flow rate I reckon.
Freezer is set at 2c it ranges 1.8 - 2.5
the reservoir might freeze at -2. but it would be fun to try I guess.

Freezer is set at 2c it ranges 1.8 - 2.5
the reservoir might freeze at -2. but it would be fun to try I guess.

Just tip a bit of glycol in to the solution. About 15% of the total volume would work for that flow rate. (Could freeze the soda water though! :D )

It's taken a while but my keezer is almost full.
labels are all ready to go!
any similarity to commercially available brews is purely coincidence. :D
labels.JPG

Damn, you certainly go above and beyond when compared to my old masking tape and sharpie labels.

If something's going to freeze, it's most likely to freeze in the beer line. You'll know when you open the tap and nothing happens.

Damn, you certainly go above and beyond when compared to my old masking tape and sharpie labels.

If something's going to freeze, it's most likely to freeze in the beer line. You'll know when you open the tap and nothing happens.
Thanks klangers,
yeah already had that. :) the line was touching the side of the freezer. I just adjusted it and wrapped a warm rag around it for a minute or so. I now know not to let my lines touch the sides. :D

Latest posts

Back