• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to Aussie Home Brewer and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or click here to donate.

"smartstrip" For Kegs

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thats very cool :super:

I'am not ussually a bulk buy whore but if anyone is getting some in adelaide i might beable to part with some cash and tack my order on.

Jayse

This looks like a bulk buy opportunity to me, unless Ross wants to get some in?

Scott

I think "Craftbrewer" should think about stocking these.

Not much good to me with kegs in a converted freezer,I wouldn't be able to see it.

Batz

Nice idea.
Hopefully it works better than the ones you can get for propane gas bottles.
It would take away the surprise of an empty keg after only getting half a pint out of it when getting home from work.

Doc

Just the sort of thing I wish to stock - I've already dropped micromatic a line - I'll keep you all posted.

Cheers Ross

Dont know if i like this or not.Can see myself getting very upset as i see the level getting closer to the END of a favourite brew.

Cheers
Big D

Top idea!. how many times do you wonder " will i get just one more pint" !!

As I read it, these work with the standard 50l kegs as well as some other sizes I'm not familiar with. The web site states "Compatible Kegs 1/2, 50 Liter, 1/4 Slim, 1/6th" To me that means it works with 50l, 25l, 12.5l & 8.33l kegs

If these were for the coke/pepsi 18l corny type kegs most of us use, I agree they would take the guess work out of determining if there is still a beer or 3 left in the keg & I'd probably get a couple.

Ross can you see of they are available for cornies as well?

Cheers

Crozdog

crozdog said:
Ross can you see of they are available for cornies as well?

[post="127304"][/post]​

My main interest is for corny's, so certainly will :)

Cheers Ross

I would imagine they work in a similar way to the gas bottle ones (ie temperature difference)

The results would also be similar

Cheers

But how do they work.... I reckon they'd be the same as the BBQ gas bottles as Doc said.... You have to pour hot water on them and wait to gat a reading.

Anyway what's wrong with the tap & lift methods?

Asher for now

Asher said:
Anyway what's wrong with the tap & lift methods?

[post="127321"][/post]​

Nothing - But I reckon being able to open your fridge & give them a quick squirt with warm water to check their level, would be far more convieniant, especially in a cramped fridge...

cheers Ross

crozdog said:
As I read it, these work with the standard 50l kegs as well as some other sizes I'm not familiar with. The web site states "Compatible Kegs 1/2, 50 Liter, 1/4 Slim, 1/6th" To me that means it works with 50l, 25l, 12.5l & 8.33l kegs
[post="127304"][/post]​

I'd be guessing the 1/2, 1/4, and 1/6 would relate to a US barrel sizes of 31 gallon. That would equate to about 59 lt, 29 lt and 19 lt - the smallest one being the corny keg.

Cheers, Andrew.

Ross said:
Just the sort of thing I wish to stock - I've already dropped micromatic a line - I'll keep you all posted.

Cheers Ross
[post="127278"][/post]​

Ross,
I will be interested in a few when you get them in and one of those super size hop sock's you are now selling.

Luke :beerbang:

Have you tested it yet Batz?
Isn't there something similar for the 9 kilo gas bottles.
Works on the same principle. Pour the hot water on it. Those were not very good from memory.

cheers
johnno

Latest posts

Back