Smaller Beer Tap Handle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vajoiner

Reaction score
Does anyone know if you can get smaller beer tap handles.

I have just put together a new brew fridge and put the taps up too high and the freezer hits the handles....... Yes ok let me have it...

the ones i have are about 72mm so 50mm would be ideal possibly get away with 60mm.

It would be great if someone could point me in the right direction. Otherwish its chop chop time and it will just look tacky.

Cheers.......

You might be able to use a swing tap.

Not sure of the exact measurement but pretty sure it would be less than 50mm overall height above the shank.

You could try and see if bunnings or the likes have a thread in the same size as where the tap handles screw on, and then get creative and carve out some woodern handles. Pretty sure I've seen someone on here that had some wicked handles, looked a bit like totem poles I think

Cheers guys.

Hbrewer79 i like that idea. Just don't like the Bunnings part......

Off to let my creative juices flow..........

Had a bit of a search for you but don't really have much time ATM, need to get the demons in the bath and to bed soon. I think those handles were in a show us your tap handle thread or the show us your keg set up thread. Bloody nice looking tap handles they were/are though.

or if you've got a mate with a lathe, Metal or wood he might be able to hook you up with something.

Some polished bits of brass would look trick, bit of a taper on them and maybe a ring or two at the top and they'd look really nice.

Had a bit of a search for you but don't really have much time ATM, need to get the demons in the bath and to bed soon. I think those handles were in a show us your tap handle thread or the show us your keg set up thread. Bloody nice looking tap handles they were/are though.

HA! I have been searching too... not good at it.

I swear there is a show us your tap handles thread on here some where...

They belong to Bonj I do believe....

Is this the one?

Guys.

Just stumbled upon these. Looks like crap but will do for now until i can find that Lathe..

http://www.ozbrew.com/default.asp?menuI=1&...ue&zoom=766

You are right about the looking crap part!
I have made up some out of .50 cal rounds and an M12 nut will screw to the tap, you may be able to create something and insert the nut, probably cheaper and will give you leverage.........

Or just make a backing plate and move your taps lower........

HA! I have been searching too... not good at it.

I swear there is a show us your tap handles thread on here some where...

They belong to Bonj I do believe....

Is this the one?

Yep, that's it. I reckon it looks bloody awesome. You may not be very good at searching, but you're certainly better than I am, I was starting to think it wasn't AHB where I saw em'

Latest posts

Back