Slowbeer Melbourne

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
how do the growlers work? do you just use a standard beer keg tap or some sort of special filler?

Yep, fents is correct. I use a blichmann beer gun, true homebrew style! Alot of breweries who do it seem content filling straight from the tap, however using a blichmann enables you to purge with co2 before filling, fill from the bottom without agitating & then purge the headspace. Keeps it fresher, longer & works a treat!

Still need to remember that it is draught beer, so i stress the need to refrigerate at all times & consume within 1 week of bottling, once opened you have about 24 hours or so until the carb is detrimentally low. Varies a little depending on style though.

Anyone having trouble getting orders through. I'm getting confirmation e-mails but no call, and follow up e-mails seem to be going un answered. I know the shop isn't open yet but is there a number for them? The number on the website is the old one and disconnected

Anyone having trouble getting orders through. I'm getting confirmation e-mails but no call, and follow up e-mails seem to be going un answered. I know the shop isn't open yet but is there a number for them? The number on the website is the old one and disconnected

Maybe try a facebook message? Chris is normally pretty good with replying to those...

yeah that's my next step, will do that when I get home. I just really want these beers before the weekend, and before some of them sell out.

Whats their freight costs generally like for say a 6 pack of 330mls?

General freight costs are on the website but from memory I think Vic metro is about 10 bucks. Better of getting the dozen and get the 10% discount IMO

Yeah, they use AusPost, I believe. So any parcel under 20kg is pretty close to $10. No cheaper to send 1 bottle than to send 24.

Anyone gotten delivery to Sydney and know a rough cost?

Back