Skimming At Pre-boil And Start Of Boil.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the input, MHB. Informative as always.

Tony says so but Tony might do a lot of other things in his brewday that are efficient and far more effective
Yeah, I was thinking something very similar earlier this evening. There is no doubt in my mind that Tony's beers are streets ahead of mine but I have an equal certainty that even he wouldn't attribute that difference, to any large degree, to skimming alone. I guess if skimming does make a positive difference it maybe isn't enough of a difference to turn a good, unskimmed beer into a dud and if it makes a negative difference doing it won't make a turn a well made beer to crap.

That's all a bit wishy-washy, innt?

a biblical question too skim or not too skim
can u imagine SAB skimming
**** what is next

a biblical question too skim or not too skim
can u imagine SAB skimming
**** what is next

"Too" means an excess of, for exampe: "too illiterate to express himself correctly"
I think you meant to use "to"

Too right and I think it was a bastardised Shakespearian quote, rather than biblical. Both old stories full of violence death and destruction, easy to see where two can be confused.

M

I used to skim, now I don;t bother. I can't tell any difference in the final product.

QldKev

I skimmed every brew believing it gave me a clearer beer. Until I started first wort hopping which meant I couldn't skim. My beers are still clear.

Cheers

Back