Single(ish) vessel system

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

desmogod

Reaction score
So a bit of background.
I did a few successful BIAB a number of years ago and was recently looking at a robobrew.
My friend who used to brew then told me I could have all his gear.
See attached pic.
After one brew, I have decided to modify it to my own needs and have subsequent questions that I hope you guys can help with.
So I have a few questions about setting up my “rig”.
Currently it’s a BIAB in a keggle with a gas burner and I’m looking to make this a bit more efficient, easier and pretty.
To those ends I have just purchased a wort pump.
I’ll have 3 taps, one for whirlpool whilst chilling, one for recirculation during mashing and one for dumping.
Looking at getting a malt pipe and doing away with the bag and I’m also going to fit elements to both my keggle and to a 30L pot for sparge water and have them both controlled for accurate dough in and sparge temps.
Does this sound like a decent enough setup?
Also, is it worth me running the recirculated water during mash through a copper coil in my 75C sparge water in an attempt to keep the water temp up whilst mashing?
Any other hints, tips or suggestions would be hugely appreciated.

IMG_0582.jpg

I’d use it as is for a while before making it over complicated. Your mate must be been happy like that

I’ll not be going over the top but I do have limited space here so the idea of simplifying things and getting everything I want in a small footprint is appealing.

Latest posts

Back