Sierra Nevada Southern Hemisphere Harvest Ale

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i got one the other day from a BWS in Adelaide. not a bad drop,

I have no idea what the hop schedule is, but this is a magnificent beer.

It has single handedly changed my opinion of IPAs.

Beautifully balanced, smooth bitterness... cracker of a beer.

Sounds like I might have to give this one a try - I wonder if Dan's in Hervey Bay has it?
Out of interest, have you tried their Torpedo IPA? I think it's fantastic - I wonder how this one compares.
You can pick up a case of Torpedo for US$22 in the states!

Great IPA

even woolies liquor has them , worth the $12

Somehow there seems to have been a shipment to BWS up here in Townsville, 3 for $30.

I picked up a single longneck of this at the old spot bottleshop out Salisbury way in Adelaide. Don't think they had a lot of them but I enjoyed the one I bought

I was a bit disappointed in this one to be honest.

I grabbed a large bottle from Dans today and just locking onto it now and finding it a bit astringent, almost rubbery and lacking in the aroma. Decent bitterness on the back, and the alcohol is clean and warming after a pint, but I don't think this bottle has traveled all that well.

Wasn't impressed to be honest, wouldn't spend another $12 on it and certainly wouldn't want to try and clone it.

Green Flash's West Coast IPA on the other hand... Now we're talking!

Shit bags...I was looking forward to this <_<

If they'd used Riwaka, Nelson and NZ Cascade ... they'd have something.

Instead they used NZ hallertau (great, but I would use it for a lager, flavour, where it excels), Southern Cross (bred as a megabitterer, but used wisely (like galaxy) can be a citrusy Simcoe), and Motueka, Riwaka's dole-bludging brother.

Marketing ploy for Yanks to get sucked in by. Torpedo is a much better beer.

Had one last night. Nice, but not outstanding. No better imho than torpedo.

Had it the other night and got the flavour of chewing on the stems of the fresh hops....not a nice hoppy flavour..smelled alot better than it tasted

Tried it today
That floral flavour doesnt belong in beer
Get rid of that and would be a great beer

I thought it was a bit wussy for an AIPA. Some harsh bitterness but not that great a flavour. Body was very thin, smelt like malt but I thought it lacked mouthfeel. Not as good as the 2011 IMHO.

I grabbed a bottle of this yesterday from BWS, along with a Ballast Point Black Marlin Porter.
Haven't had them yet, might save them for next weekend.

I grabbed a bottle of this yesterday from BWS, along with a Ballast Point Black Marlin Porter.
Haven't had them yet, might save them for next weekend.

Its hardly worth saving Mate
Crack it and fess up How Bad/Good do you think it is
If you like Floral hops you will like it
Didnt know it was a AIPA more of Hoppy APA to me

I got the Ballast point porter. Keen to try it tonight

Back