Sierra Nevada@dan Murphys

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:icon_offtopic: You could substitute two halves of a coconut for a horse. The coconut may or may not be carried by a swallow.

Ah yes, but I will also need a trumpet or bugle and someone to call 'charge' but perhaps Icould use the stable keep to do this for me.

These posts relating to this subject should be read with a "rick from the youngones" accent

Having just run out of yeast I re-cultured from the SNPA 6 pack I brought back from SF in March, this couldn't come at a better time. Yeah, I know it's only US-05 in liquid form, and it's a bit of effort to re-culture the dregs, but their yeast seems to do a nicer job...

And it's a great beer too! 24 of them in cold storage now, about to become 23...

SNPA... nicely balanced APA, Torpedo was yummy as usual.... Ive tried these both before. The Kellerweis was the surprise for me, that is a damm tasty Wheat beer :icon_drool2: . Perfect balance of Bananna and Clove/Spice IMHO. Could really give these a hammering on a nice Summers day. :drinks:

should be read with a "rick from the youngones" accent
or graham chapman :icon_cheers:

edit, :icon_offtopic: luuurv the snpa and torpedo ipa

Last edited by a moderator:
Well............ i gave the wife my bank card (yes i trust her) and asked her to drop by uncle dans for a 6 pack of Torpedo!

I came home... after a 14 hr MASSIVE day at work and 3 hrs of travel to a CARTON :)

She even put a 6 pack in the fridge for me and i promptly enjoyed one......... Y.U.M!

She said they didnt have it on display and had to get them to go get it from out the back, and they wernt real keen on handing it over aparently........ used by is May 2012. Maybe they are storing it out the back till April 2012 in the sun and then they will put it on the shelf ????

Anyway..... im $80 down but a very happy man :)

cheers

Just went into Alexandria

Pale totally gone
Torpedo is down to the last 2 cases
Keller not much more maybe 3 cases

moving fast by the looks of it

had to settle for 2 sixers of the torpedo.

Just a heads up, I just dropped in there again, grabbed a 6pk of Kellerweiss and when I got to the checkout inquired as to if they had any SNPA or Torpedo. Turns out there were 4 layers of each on a pallet hiding out the back. So ask them if you drop in again. I only grabbed a 6pk of each and there is none on display so it shouldn't move that quickly.

I tried the SNPA, Torpedo and Kellerweiss the other day. I'll have to go against the grain and say that I didn't particularly enjoy the SNPA. I just found it too grassy - tasted like some of my earlier homebrews when I over-dry hopped with cascade. Just out of balance hop flavour.

The Keller was ok, but just ok. No real weissbier flavours that I look for in the style and just a bit bland, really. Ok for a lawnmower beer i guess.

I really enjoyed the Torpedo and would probably buy it again if my IPA keg had run out and I had a hankering. But for $24 a sixer, I'd actually rather grab some Murrays....

Cheers - Snow.

Just a heads up, I just dropped in there again, grabbed a 6pk of Kellerweiss and when I got to the checkout inquired as to if they had any SNPA or Torpedo. Turns out there were 4 layers of each on a pallet hiding out the back. So ask them if you drop in again. I only grabbed a 6pk of each and there is none on display so it shouldn't move that quickly.

Ha, was there late last fri & was only Kellerweiss on the shelf. I asked & the guy looked out back but said there was no snpa or torpedo - @#$%$%^ didnt look too hard. Maybe tmw ...

to a CARTON :)

She even put a 6 pack in the fridge for me and i promptly enjoyed one......... Y.U.M!

Nice one! man i could go a carton of torpedo right now

I still remember buying it in the states at the corner bottleo - $2.50 US or so for a longneck, fresh as. Good to see them bringing it in.

Does anyone know an indie that is stocking it via Phoenix? Platinum? Chambers?

I know Platinum has it. I think they missed out on the Southern Hemisphere though.

I am drinking my first Phoenix imported Torpedos now. While they are not as fresh as I had in Nth Cali, they never were going to be.

I am getting flashbacks of my initial impression: not the most amazing beer in the world, but a very well crafted, rock solid, and quintessential US IPA. Yum.

or graham chapman :icon_cheers:

edit, :icon_offtopic: luuurv the snpa and torpedo ipa

Gotta be Graham Chapman's accent.

That probably explains why his King Arthur never had a Queen Gwenivere.

Given everyone's paying out of each other's tastes - I use the immortal quote "it's not a matter of where it grips it".

Last edited by a moderator:
c9d414cd.jpg

Poored this one tonight, a little more bitter then i remember but still pretty smooth.

just downed my first SNPA. Quite nice, no real hop aroma at all though. Has DM raped my beer or is my nose busted?

Forget Dan's.............Just swung by Platinum and came home with 2 of Southern Hemisphere Harvest Ales...........Is 3pm too early to hit them?

******* dans, thats twice i've been burnt. They probably left the pallet out in the sun for a week before putting them on the shelf.

eenie, meanie, minee, mo................

282457_10150338091594414_664679413_9573284_8101716_n.jpg

Dropped by the bottle shop tonight to see what all the fuss was about.

I must say this is quite a tasty and well-balanced beer. Nice body with solid bitterness and fruity hop flavour. I can't say anything much about the aroma since my sense of smell is next to useless, but the rest rate well in my book. It's just a shame that the $22 for 6 pretty much covers the ingredients for >20 L of my own ale. Still, I had to try it anyway and I'm glad I did.

Latest posts

Back