Sierra Nevada Beers Buying In Sydney

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PryorBrewing

Reaction score
Hearing nothing but good things about these beers, nice selection they produce as well. Love the look of the Seasonal beers.

Anyone know of any retailers selling them in sydney ? Close to the Northern Beaches would be nice.

Hearing nothing but good things about these beers, nice selection they produce as well. Love the look of the Seasonal beers.

Anyone know of any retailers selling them in sydney ? Close to the Northern Beaches would be nice.
Phoenix beers in WA are expecting a legit(not gray) shipment in a couple weeks, I'd expect it to be fairly common in better bottleshops.

I have bought the Stout and Porter at Shorty's Liquor at Rhodes... (whilst the missus was in IKEA!)

Phoenix beers in WA are expecting a legit(not gray) shipment in a couple weeks, I'd expect it to be fairly common in better bottleshops.

These have arrived and are waiting to be labelled for distribution. I'm hoping it is this week, but who knows. Legit imported ones will have the "Phoenix Beers" sticker.

Cutty's Cellars in Neutral Bay - New stock came in last week.. Pale Ale & Celerbrations.
Had a couple already :icon_cheers:

Cutty's Cellars in Neutral Bay - New stock came in last week.. Pale Ale & Celerbrations.
Had a couple already :icon_cheers:

Like PryorBrewing I live on the Northern Beaches and Neutral Bay is close enough for me.
Now I have to google Cutty's Cellars...

Smuggled a couple of bottles of their Pale Ale back in my luggage from SF earlier this year, beautiful on tap over their and the bottles travelled remarkably well. Managed to harvest the yeast from a bottle too, it's supposed to be US-05, but I'm not so sure; I'm getting much better results with it than my usual US-05 pales. Could also be that I'm making starters now rather than sprinkling yeasties.

Would love to get my hands on a few legit bottles of it over here, but I'm sure it will come at a cost :icon_cheers:

Hopefully these legit ones have a better success rate than the usual source. I reckon I've had one good one in this country.

Smuggled a couple of bottles of their Pale Ale back in my luggage from SF earlier this year, beautiful on tap over their and the bottles travelled remarkably well. Managed to harvest the yeast from a bottle too, it's supposed to be US-05, but I'm not so sure; I'm getting much better results with it than my usual US-05 pales. Could also be that I'm making starters now rather than sprinkling yeasties.

Would love to get my hands on a few legit bottles of it over here, but I'm sure it will come at a cost :icon_cheers:

Have my celerbrations that seems it might be growing yeasties, however it has been a bit to cold and the stirplates taken :(

...Managed to harvest the yeast from a bottle too, it's supposed to be US-05, but I'm not so sure; I'm getting much better results with it than my usual US-05 pales. Could also be that I'm making starters now rather than sprinkling yeasties....

Probably. I don't often use this style of yeast. But I've heard you get better results from liquid yeast than dried. Especially in lower gravity beers like APA.

I know Dan's will stock some.

I am seriously stoked to get into these. I was seriously cut when I was at the brewery and could see all the Celebration Ale, but not taste it because it was a couple of days prior to release.

Hopefully these legit ones have a better success rate than the usual source. I reckon I've had one good one in this country.

I have found SNPA at Platinum at North Strathfield, (and at Warners at the Bay)

Both times I was also very underwhelmed.

Hopefully a legit fresh example will be at revelation.

Found and bought today on the Northern Beaches at Porter's Cnr Sydney Rd/Woodland St Balgowlah.
They got Sierra Nevada Pale Ale ($7.90) and Celebration ($10.90).
Good luck.
Pete

Found and bought today on the Northern Beaches at Porter's Cnr Sydney Rd/Woodland St Balgowlah.
They got Sierra Nevada Pale Ale ($7.90) and Celebration ($10.90).
Good luck.
Pete

Christ, pretty sure both of mine were 5.99 a bottle at cutty's.

SNPA, Porter and Celebration at Warner's Newcastle. All under $10.00 a bottle.
Pricey and well travelled but interesting if you're curious.
Just goes to re-enforce the quality of some of our 'local' micros I reckon and what we're capable of at home when we hit our numbers.
I don't think I'll be buying a case.

Harry

Slowbeer has SNPA for $4 a stubbie if their email contains no typos. Check their online store.

Slowbeer has SNPA for $4 a stubbie if their email contains no typos. Check their online store.

Can confirm this is correct bought some SNPA for $4 a bottle at Slowbeer on Friday. The rest of SN range are $4.50 each. I tried the Torpedo IPA, loved it some much I picked u a sixer at Cloudwine in South Melbourne for $24 today. If you like American IPAs, this is a great value buy IMHO.

I think there is likely to be a bit of mixed pricing for a short time as bottlos will be clearing out their old higher priced grey import stock and replacing it with the official cheaper stock, another bottlo I went to in Northern Melbourne still had SNPA at $6.99.

Down at Warners in Newcastle during the week and they advise that they will be doing (mixed?) 6 packs of Sierra Nevada beers for about $22.00.
Heaps better than previously priced. Must have a new deal on the go.
More research to be done.

I picked up some SN Pale Ale's from Bayfields at Belrose. Was quite surprised to see it there.
Looks like they only ordered a few cases as they were only selling them as stubbies.

Back