Show us your Trellis

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Different angle
WP_20150126_003h.jpg

And lowered for easy picking. (sorry for multiple posts, couldn't upload more than 1 pic at a time)

WP_20150224_003h.jpg

WP_20150224_006h.jpg

Not really a trellis as such, but more of a fishing line path for the hops. The idea was so give a bit of greenery to the front of the house. Unfortunately it is east facing so misses a lot of afternoon sun.

I've got chinook growing either side of the window, goldings growing along the fence and cascade around the main entrance.

1445656987292.jpg

1445657011125.jpg

1445657026275.jpg

leighaus said:
Awesome setup Wilko.
Thanks mate. I wanted to have the height, but also wanted it easy to harvest. It also supplies a bit of shade for the vegie garden during the middle of summer.

spog said:
Looks like you have plenty of room to move,is what's in the pic your patch ?
Yeah mate, we've got the block next door too. The vegie garden area isn't all that big though.

I have 2 like this. They're about 6 metres tall. Eye bolt at the top so the ropes can be lowered for harvesting. I set a short length of a slightly larger size steel in the ground in concrete so that the poles can be removed when not needed. You can see the other pole laying along the fence. In reality the poles stay there year round as I don't really have anywhere else to store them. It does make it easier to replace the ropes though.

med_gallery_7015_1311_96857.jpeg

earle said:
I have 2 like this. They're about 6 metres tall. Eye bolt at the top so the ropes can be lowered for harvesting. I set a short length of a slightly larger size steel in the ground in concrete so that the poles can be removed when not needed. You can see the other pole laying along the fence. In reality the poles stay there year round as I don't really have anywhere else to store them. It does make it easier to replace the ropes though.

med_gallery_7015_1311_96857.jpeg
Awesome setup mate I really like that! Where did you get your poles from?
Cheers

Straya said:
Awesome setup mate I really like that! Where did you get your poles from?
Cheers
Thanks mate. Got the steel through my sister in law"s work and welded them up.

I was running a horizontal trellis, but decided to go vertical.. Made this teepee using pool poles, 4.1m extended from memory. $29 each. DSC_0240-1024x1820.JPG

Latest posts

Back