Show Us Your Tap Handles

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
this is the thread i was looking for the other day but couldnt find
heres a few that i turned up the other week.
IMG_1484.jpg

and heres the two i currently have fitted. the dark one is african wedge while the other is black heart sasafrass.
IMG_1491.jpg

IMG_1492.jpg

IMG_1493.jpg

IMG_1490.jpg

and heres a set that i turned up for syd03, i have no idea what wood they are but its bloody hard, im thinking ether iron bark or another gum
IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1487.jpg

ive been using the inserts that croz posted a link to, well except for syd03s ones they just have the right size nut glued in the base.

Those look fantastic Barls - I know a bloke who is a keen turner and loves aussie native timber, I might have to suggest he starts doing tap handles instead of the normal bowls and pens.

i he cant help you give me a yell, i always need more practice.

Barls, my wife would love them! :ph34r:

Awesome stuff btw, post some pics of them fitted to the taps!!

:icon_cheers:

will try to post some more on monday, also syd03 should be picking up his tomorrow so hopefully pics coming soon of his.

Found a stick in the neighbours garden, chopped it up and made some handles.
Not happy with the stain I got from bunnings, it's a bit too yellow. Not bad for a first go though! :)

tapz.jpg

Not happy with the stain I got from bunnings, it's a bit too yellow. Not bad for a first go though! :)

They look the business - top effort, I need to start frolicking through the neighbours back yard.

Some nice tap handles in this thread!

New to kegging myself and just have the one tap with another on the way.
Couldn't sleep the other night so i thought i might make a couple handles of my own, thought i'd share this one.....

20111215_074737-1.jpg

I had these stainless steel hip flasks i bought on ebay around a year ago, i got 10 for $18 and have been just givin em to mates, 4 left so i thought why not!

20111219_021101.jpg

I also had this little keyring LCD slideshow thing that was thrown in with some purchase and just sat in my draw for months (photos on my phone, no need for it) so i mounted it inside. It only needs recharging after being on for around 2 months but i have it set to turn off after 1hr. Charges via USB. I can use this for branding if i want, but have found that it's nice to have a slideshow of random crazyness with mates goin while we pour beer ;)

20111219_021135.jpg

20111215_080339.jpg

(Rubber foam just pops out when i wanna charge it or update the slideshow)

The flask makes for a pretty comfy pourer too.

peach
IMG_0078.jpg

plum
IMG_0079.jpg

together
IMG_0077.jpg

red cedar
23092010029.jpg

a special matched pair
24092010035.jpg

Liam, If your not happy with them I will send you my address and a new stick so you can try again.
They would suit my bar to the ground, nice work.

New_Tap_Handles.JPG
Somewhat similar to yours barls, these colour-coded Camphor Laurel handles were done by a wood turner up the road. Big improvement on the 4" black plastic ones that came with the Perlick Creamers.
I see you're still using your AHB magnetic stickers. Must try to remember where I put mine. :icon_cheers:

TP

View attachment 51123
Somewhat similar to yours barls, these colour-coded Camphor Laurel handles were done by a wood turner up the road. Big improvement on the 4" black plastic ones that came with the Perlick Creamers.
I see you're still using your AHB magnetic stickers. Must try to remember where I put mine. :icon_cheers:

TP

A bit OT but where do those magnetic stickers come from? Apart from the obvious of course. :beerbang:

View attachment 51123

TP
Love those taps Pete but I must admit I was extremely impressed at how your drip tray locks into place. Great idea mate and a beautiful setup, might be buying a house up the road soon so might be able to fit a freezer I reckon! I'll get that lathe going hopefully
:beerbang:

Latest posts

Back