Show Us Your Hb Xmas Present

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got given the cash (& the go ahead) to buy a grain Mill!!

Pretty happy with this gift but can't wait to get back from holidays so I can play with it. I'm sure the novelty will wear off after the first kilo or two.

PC263094_zps0a839c49.jpg

Nope, don't think so ;)

Love this.

DSCF2968.JPG

I'm pleased as Punch the way it turned out.

Batz

Nope, don't think so ;)

Well, maybe for the first few batches at least. Before I can get bored of using the mill itself I'll need to sort out a connector, hopper and motorization. That should take a few hours.

Then I suppose it's going to be a whole lot of recipe building and equipment tweaking. All in all, it's the gift that keeps on giving. More beer, that is.
Mmm. Beer. Yummy.

Loving those bars guys. Nice looking set ups.

Grain bag, hop bag (that you could use as grain bag), and brown pump, getting set up for my first AG

image.jpg

Puv said:
I am quite tall so have built the bench top to be finish height of 950mm. The clearance for the fridge is 910mm and this will allow the standard kegerator (from craftbrewer) to fit under once things like the drip tray, wheels and little chrome guard are removed (or not installed in the first place). In the pic with the door opened, you can see that there is no cabinetry or anything in the way on the floor and if its a bit tight I can remove the tiles and that will give me another 8 - 10mm.
What fridge did you end up with?
I made mine from a kitchen company (Wholesale Kitchens) so the bench height is 850mm from memory.

I've been able to find a Williams commercial fridge (free) all stainless that fits the hole but not the kegs.

http://www.williamsref.com.au/Products.asp?SectionId=24956

It blew up just before Christmas so the search continues.
Most under bench fridges have a compressor hump so you cannot get more that 2 kegs into them or the internal height is a problem.

The plan over this Christmas break was to take a keg down to the Good Guys and see if the Westinghouse pigeon pair fridge freezer (fridge) was large enough internally to take a 19 keg.
http://www.thegoodguys.com.au/buyonline/Westinghouse_130L_Pigeon_Pair_Fridge_WRM1300WC

Alternative option is to put a wine fridge in the hole, as I also have a full height fridge, and purchase a keggerator and stick it in the corner.

BOG

Thanks for the reply, hopefully I can find some time to finish my setup but it's starting to look like summer will be over first.

Latest posts

Back