Show Us Your Hb Xmas Present

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
5BD7AC4F-2863-4A51-8FCD-50908FD0CE33-1093-000001240DFAEC1B.jpg

Now you just need to peel that ugly sticker off and you're good to go!

EDIT: Hey, did your wife hide it under that blue tarp? Did you know what it was before pulling it off?

I had a fairly good idea what was behind the tarp, but she had actually walled off the alcove, so it was hard to tell. It was either this or a home gym.

Sticker is as good as gone. :icon_cheers:

I had a fairly good idea what was behind the tarp, but she had actually walled off the alcove, so it was hard to tell. It was either this or a home gym.

Sticker is as good as gone. :icon_cheers:

I am pretty sure I am going to get one of these for my birthday in a few weeks. Do you plan on keeping the pre-installed taps or will you upgrade them to perlicks or something else? I am thinking that I will get the fridge sans font and taps (it's about $100 less) and get a nice SS font and a couple of flow control perlick 545 taps so I don't need the extra beer line.

I am pretty sure I am going to get one of these for my birthday in a few weeks. Do you plan on keeping the pre-installed taps or will you upgrade them to perlicks or something else? I am thinking that I will get the fridge sans font and taps (it's about $100 less) and get a nice SS font and a couple of flow control perlick 545 taps so I don't need the extra beer line.

Hey edak,
The taps and font that come with it are shit. Taps struggle to seal and the font is just dodgy. I ended up putting andale on mine but still using the font as a proper stainless one is pretty expensive.

My santa was very kind although I did have some involvement in the planning. We're currently building a new home and this is my BBQ / outdoor kitchen area that has been installed for me :icon_chickcheers:

The open area at the back has been designed to allow for keg changes from the rear. I still need to decide if I will be plumbing in the drip tray or not and the area above the splashback will be receiving some aluminium slats / privacy screen. The BBQ also needs to be installed in the centre of the unit.

Installation took place on Saturday. Very happy with the results, now to sort out kegerator and font / tap setup then commence the journey down the home brew path.

hollt s%#t thats what i want!

My santa was very kind although I did have some involvement in the planning. We're currently building a new home and this is my BBQ / outdoor kitchen area that has been installed for me :icon_chickcheers:

The open area at the back has been designed to allow for keg changes from the rear. I still need to decide if I will be plumbing in the drip tray or not and the area above the splashback will be receiving some aluminium slats / privacy screen. The BBQ also needs to be installed in the centre of the unit.

Installation took place on Saturday. Very happy with the results, now to sort out kegerator and font / tap setup then commence the journey down the home brew path.

Very nice,

can i assume the space is for a key fridge. I had all sorts of problems finding a keg fridge to fit into the new kitchen.

What did you end up using ?

BOG

Hey edak,
The taps and font that come with it are shit. Taps struggle to seal and the font is just dodgy. I ended up putting andale on mine but still using the font as a proper stainless one is pretty expensive.

Cheers LukeC. I am thinking that I will ultimately order the font and taps from homebrewstuff.com as they have very competitive price for SS font and 545's. Still I can't afford it all at once...

Definitely going to have a pair of flow control taps in the near future.
For now I will just have to keep the taps clean and the seals lubed.

Pretty happy with this gift but can't wait to get back from holidays so I can play with it. I'm sure the novelty will wear off after the first kilo or two.

PC263094_zps0a839c49.jpg

Cheers LukeC. I am thinking that I will ultimately order the font and taps from homebrewstuff.com as they have very competitive price for SS font and 545's. Still I can't afford it all at once...

Did you see I'm turning to the dark side, wife said she is sick of me modifying my ghetto braumeister and gave a me Christmas card with a note saying I can buy 20l real braumeister.

Got theses pub style tap handles with good size decals for custom labeling fun !!
IMG_1346_zps1f2e2c02.jpg

IMG_1344_zps4cf2d208.jpg

IMG_1345_zpsc9c91853.jpg

Did you see I'm turning to the dark side, wife said she is sick of me modifying my ghetto braumeister and gave a me Christmas card with a note saying I can buy 20l real braumeister.
:icon_drool2: SO F'ing JEALOUS! Not particularly about the fact that you are going to the dark side but because you have a wife who is totally cool with you spending 2500 on a BM. I am very happy for you :kooi:

I am so happy with my BM clone. I have complete control of my system, I built and wrote the code from scratch, have worked out all the bugs and have added features such as wireless data logging and remote control.

No Pics but i snagged a False Bottom, Brew like a monk and a voucher to my LHBS.

5BD7AC4F-2863-4A51-8FCD-50908FD0CE33-1093-000001240DFAEC1B.jpg

Lucky for me I already have one keg and a co2 bottle

I got the same, well kinda, I got given the cold hard cash to go and grab one in the new year :D

So pumped to get back in to kegging, now to fill my 7 kegs.

Very nice,

can i assume the space is for a key fridge. I had all sorts of problems finding a keg fridge to fit into the new kitchen.

What did you end up using ?

BOG
I am quite tall so have built the bench top to be finish height of 950mm. The clearance for the fridge is 910mm and this will allow the standard kegerator (from craftbrewer) to fit under once things like the drip tray, wheels and little chrome guard are removed (or not installed in the first place). In the pic with the door opened, you can see that there is no cabinetry or anything in the way on the floor and if its a bit tight I can remove the tiles and that will give me another 8 - 10mm.
What fridge did you end up with?

I got some BCF vouchers and a 10 man dome tent.... NO home brew related stuff thats cool missus couldnt find a 40L urn that was cheap

Latest posts

Back