Show Us A Pic Of Ya Bottle Opener

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My tools of destruction...

Bottle_Opener_002.jpg

That's gold! Are you bringing it on sunday, Doc?

Nah, most beers will be in kegs. No need to open a case :p

I can bring any of the following though.
All are favs. All have their place (wallet, shed, kitchen, toilet bag ......)

DocsBottleOpeners_004.jpg

Doc

An old chef's trick - hanging spoon bottle-opener:
bottle_opener1.jpg

Works a treat, and in the kitchen, it means you generally have a bottle opener within arm's reach at all times :p
bottle_opener2.jpg

reVox

Im another chef to say thats a good trick too!!

I'm surprised that Les doesn't have one of these

abbuckle.jpg

Gotta love the Arrogant ******* merch. Fingers crossed I'll be back there in June.

Doc

I have one for every occasion :D

Key_Rings.jpg
One for every set of keys.

Back_fridge.jpg
One for the fridge out the back.

inside_fridge.jpg
One for the inside fridge.

all_time_fav.jpg
And my All Time Fav given by FIL :beerbang:

I remember buying a six pack of Crown when I was 18 and heading back to the motel we were staying at in Torquay....not a bottle opener anywhere. One wall in the place was exposed brick, so I decided to do the old trick of resting the cap up against the edge of a brick and banging hard on the bottle to pop the top off...

Needless to say my technique wasn't so hot and when I woke up the next morning I found a small pile of rubble at the base of the brick wall and about 15 crescent-shaped bruises on my palm from belting the bottles... :lol:

Right there with you Muggus...

im probably more proficient at using the hammer to open a beer :huh:

Bottle_opener.JPG

No camera so no pic's but i have a stubby matic. Best bottle opener ever. Its like a cylinder type shape and you push it down on the bottle and its spring loaded and somehow just takes the cap off perfect everytime. It also has a magnet so it catches the cap. Buy them in thos "House" stores in shopping centres.

http://stubbymatic.com.au/

found a pic

CloseUp.jpg

No camera so no pic's but i have a stubby matic. Best bottle opener ever. Its like a cylinder type shape and you push it down on the bottle and its spring loaded and somehow just takes the cap off perfect everytime. It also has a magnet so it catches the cap. Buy them in thos "House" stores in shopping centres.

I have one of those too. Had forgotten about it.
It had gotten moved to the back of the pantry.
A great opener, and conversation starter :p

Doc

Best bottle opener on youTube

:icon_chickcheers:

Last edited by a moderator:

found a pic

CloseUp.jpg

I used to have one of these, heineken rugby world cup one (2003 i think). It opened about every stubby I had that summer, and it got busted, and eventually it disappeared somewhere during a get-together with some "friends".

found a pic

CloseUp.jpg

i used one of these over christmas at a holiday home and it was brilliant - ive been trying to find one ever since...

a father's day present last year... I like it

bottle-opener.jpg

Here a couple i got from Japan recently and the other one i don't know where it came from.
You have to love that chopper opener from Zizzle.
Cheers 15BL

Pictureodds_058.jpg

I'm surprised that Les doesn't have one of these

abbuckle.jpg

Gotta love the Arrogant ******* merch. Fingers crossed I'll be back there in June.

Doc
Used mine last weekend. Third stubby - most of the hand peeled off in one foul chunk. I know it's pewter and all, but damn... thought I'd get better wear out of it than that.

mine are on the bottom of a pair of thongs... useful and comfortable. they are made by the same guys that make the thongs that you can put a shot worth of liquid into a compartment in the heel.
These are great. UNTIL... the first time you wear them into any male urinal... then, I dunno, the beer just kinda tastes funny :blink:

I used to have one of these, heineken rugby world cup one (2003 i think). It opened about every stubby I had that summer, and it got busted, and eventually it disappeared somewhere during a get-together with some "friends".

Guys - if these are the ducks nuts, why don't we get some AHB branded ones and do a bulk buy?

Cheers - Mike

Back