Show Me Your Growler

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sav

Brewing at the battered's shed
Reaction score
I am keen to get on the growler band wagon I was looking at Stones brewery site has any one ordered one from the staets .Some pics and feedback would be great.

sav

ive got all mine in this country with the exception of the one that i got from more beer
09022011077.jpg

in the pic above they are on the 3rd shelf down on the right hand side.

I got mine from colonial at margaret river. It was $40 full of their porter. Not the worst beer I've had but far from the best available around there. They were the only brewery selling growlers when we were there though.

was going to be funny and put this one up
495958694_80f989f6ee_o-1.jpg

I got mine from the Lobethal for $48 filled with their pilsner. Probably a bit expensive but I did enjoy the beer...

I have one with a large elaborate metal handle but would like one with the small circle like handle that you see on amerixan sites.... Anyone know where you can get those?

I have one with a large elaborate metal handle but would like one with the small circle like handle that you see on amerixan sites.... Anyone know where you can get those?

Pretty sure mine is like that. Not sure if the brewery I bought it from sourced it in Aus or from overseas though.

Ok ... I am assuming the growled is a resealable bottle??

Ah, we have a cupboard full of the buggers and 2 that roll around in the car.

At one point we had 11, but we sometimes leave them at parties etc. They are good to fill with homebrew from the keggerator, and we usually leave some beer with the hosts as thanks. They usually all return to us over time, as people drop in.

They cost about $4 here at most breweries.

We even have a padded insulated growler holder with shoulder strap. Great for music festivals.

If we stop in at a brewery the 2 in the car are so we each get to chose a beer to take home.

But California is a PITA. The state law is that a brewery is only able to refill glassware purchased from them. So we own no growlers from out there.

Out here, and Arizona, Colorado and Utah at least, breweries will refill whatever growler, and sometimes slap their own sticker on. See the second growler.

IMG_4092.JPG

Full of Icon 2ipa.

Such a great investment.

Murrays_Growler.JPG

My other half brought back the three on the left from her recent trip to the US (all empty unfortunately!). The Murray's one came back with me from the brewery full of Nirvana :icon_drool2:

photo.jpg

Mugs_growler.jpg
Soccer and growler - what a combination.

Next season, growler holders are the must have accessory.

I can't believe no one has posted a muff-shot yet. What a well-behaved lot.

While I was on a brewery tour in Washington State recently, people were streaming in to get their Growlers filled.

P2101410__1024x768_.JPG

Odell growler holder because we still had too long to go in the trip and the beer would have been stale by the time we got home.
Russian River growler came home filled with Temptation
Downtown Joe's growler came home filled with Porter
Murray's growlers went camping at Hawk's Nest with Angry Man and Whale Ale

Hoping Doc shows off his collection...

I have two Growlers, one from Two Brothers in Melbourne. The second from the "Bierhouse" in SA and its has Red Truck Porter inside. Both are great and are the centre pieces in my glass cabinet.

TLB_Growler.jpg

Back