Short Beer Lines... Flow Controller?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what difference does the OD of the line make?

Most people like 8mm for john guest fittings etc.

I found some barbs suitable for 4mm ID line that had 1/4" MFL on the end so I could screw disconnects straight on so I'm happy with my setup, but 8mm OD would definitely be handier.

Another great offer from Batz! I think I'll pick up a few from Ross over the weekend for a trial run. All reports are positive at this stage and it'll make things spittle easier to adjust and predict in my setup. At the price Ross is making them available, I can't afford not to.

Another great offer from Batz! I think I'll pick up a few from Ross over the weekend for a trial run. All reports are positive at this stage and it'll make things spittle easier to adjust and predict in my setup. At the price Ross is making them available, I can't afford not to.

Yep it worth a try @ that price hey?

Guys getting them off me, please send a self addy small pre-paid post bag with your $10.00 and I'll return your flow restricts. If you don't have my addy PM me.
I think a post bag would squeeze into a standard envelope

Batz

It's a good point.

My bar has 7mm OD 4mm ID line due to the font coming that way. I have my bar set at 4 degrees and the line from the bottom of the font to the disconnects is under 1 metre long. I have my reg at about 70kpa. The pour is perfect for me. I can walk up and pour a beer with only 1cm head quite easily or get more head if I want it easily as well.

I wonder if it's possible to get 8mm OD 4mm ID line? Or even 8mm OD 3mm ID.

You can get 4mm 8mm OD line from Keg King. I had problems getting it on my perlick barbs so I just connected a 5cm long tail of 5mm line to the bard then used a JG joiner to connect up the 4mmID line. I have no issues with foaming and only use 1 m of line.

I have received one post bag and returned it, I take you other guys don't want them now? It's not a problem I'll keep them myself quite happily.

Batz

Got em yesterday thank you kindly mate. If i'd known there were spares i'd have had two more. :rolleyes:

I take it we just cut the sheaths away and use the little white coil inside a beer line?

Got em yesterday thank you kindly mate. If i'd known there were spares i'd have had two more. :rolleyes:

I take it we just cut the sheaths away and use the little white coil inside a beer line?

Just use something to pry them out of the tube, once a few mm's are showing they pull out easily.

Batz

Back