Short Beer Lines... Flow Controller?

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm yet to try them but you seem to have a different out come to most.

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f35/cure-your-...roubles-100151/

You made me think again Batz....

Anyone thats got them or when you get them, test it by putting them right up next to the taps - it should foam.
Then try it in the lines closest to the kegs (or in dip tube), it shouldn't foam.

These things would definitely cause a pressure drop but I reckon the foaming people are complaining about id due to the turbidity it causes in the flow.
If there is sufficient beer line ahead of them, the flow will become laminar again and not foam. -- should.

These have arrived guys, only problem is I'm in S.A. atm

I'll sort them out when I get back home, should be in a few weeks.

Batz

Yippee. I've cut all my lines in anticipation. Just couldn't stand the coils anymore.

As an alternative, has anyone seen or used these.

802991KS.jpg

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/e...d-802991KS.html

A little cheaper too @ $32.50... although i couldn't find them on the JG site.

I love John Guest's other products and wouldn't mind an inline concealed solution if possible

I have one of these hooked up to a keg of lemon ruski style beverage. I can confirm they work well at reducing the pouring pressure and allowing a higher carbonation level to be present in the keg.

OK I,m home and have these in my hot little hands.

I'll go back through the thread to see would wanted one, is there anyone who does not want one now?

Batz

ATM I have

Rdevjun
Northside Novice
Florian X2
Punkin
Have I missed anyone?

I'll go back through the thread to see would wanted one, is there anyone who does not want one now?

Batz

ATM I have

Rdevjun
Northside Novice
Florian X2
Punkin
Have I missed anyone?

If you have any let Batz I'd be keen.

If you are fully subscribed could you let me know where you got them from.

Cheers

Mr W

If you have any let Batz I'd be keen.

If you are fully subscribed could you let me know where you got them from.

Cheers

Mr W

I got mine from the US, check out back in the thread for the links. I believe Ross may now have some after I put him onto them, give him a try.

Sorry all the ones I have are gone.

What do you guys want to do about postage? Post me a pre-paid small post bag so I can just chuck them into the mail for you?

Batz

What do you guys want to do about postage? Post me a pre-paid small post bag so I can just chuck them into the mail for you?
Sounds great to me Batz, could you PM the address? Is the 500g long enough, its 355mm?
Many thanks too BTW! :icon_cheers:

Sounds great to me Batz, could you PM the address? Is the 500g long enough, its 355mm?
Many thanks too BTW! :icon_cheers:

They are only 150mm long so the small ones would be the go.
Florian used a couple of these at the Qld. Xmas Swap and was really pleased with the result.

Batz

That's awesome Batz, ta very much! B)
Have had a bit of a cantankerous over-carbonation issue here, hoping these things may help straighten things out for the Christmas get together and in the new year I might get around to a dispensing refit.

My manager Anthony has trialled these & much to his amazement (he thought they would foam like f#@k) they work :super:

For those that missed out on Batz's offer they are available here

Cheers Ross

I got mine from the US, check out back in the thread for the links. I believe Ross may now have some after I put him onto them, give him a try.

Sorry all the ones I have are gone.

Batz

I'll go back through my pm's for your addy. I'll pack a 500gm satchel in with some jerky and send it to you. What do you want to do about payment? Cash, paypal or jerky :D

My manager Anthony has trialled these & much to his amazement (he thought they would foam like f#@k) they work :super:

For those that missed out on Batz's offer they are available here

Cheers Ross

Well done Ross, there's a few members who were very interested in these but missed out, am I'll sure they'll be glad that a local HBS now stocks them in Oz.

Batz

I'll go back through my pm's for your addy. I'll pack a 500gm satchel in with some jerky and send it to you. What do you want to do about payment? Cash, paypal or jerky :D

Chuck the cash in or jerky :lol:

Batz

why not just use smaller beer line?

wont that shorten it up?

I have 3 long coils of 5mm ID line like most but used to run 4mm ID in my fridge and needed half the length.

Why do we use such large beer line in a home brew environment?

Is it so the retailers can sell more by the meter or is there a genuine reason for it?

It's a good point.

My bar has 7mm OD 4mm ID line due to the font coming that way. I have my bar set at 4 degrees and the line from the bottom of the font to the disconnects is under 1 metre long. I have my reg at about 70kpa. The pour is perfect for me. I can walk up and pour a beer with only 1cm head quite easily or get more head if I want it easily as well.

I wonder if it's possible to get 8mm OD 4mm ID line? Or even 8mm OD 3mm ID.

Batz

ATM I have

Rdevjun
Northside Novice
Florian X2
Punkin
Have I missed anyone?

Back