Short and sweet because you are sick of these...

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zoiks

Reaction score
Hi,
New to home brew
Will make mistakes
Will ask questions
Will look silly
But thanks in advace for your help

-Zoiks

Its called learning and 100% of the people here were where you are right now when they started. The good thing is you'll have a lot of answers to your questions already available by using the search button. It's a great tool to use when your in a hurry for an answer late at night, early in the morning, or weekends when everyone is busy brewing and not available.
Welcome to the hobby :beer:

Zoiks said:
Hi,
New to home brew
Will make mistakes
Will ask questions
Will look silly
But thanks in advace for your help

-Zoiks
I was like that 10yrs ago

Dont be scared. We have all been there.

I still make mistakes
I still ask questions
I am still silly

Thanks guys - not really afraid of asking the stupid questions. Everyone has to learn and why not stand on the shoulders of giants?

Before I made my first ever brew (can of goo that came with fermenter) I spent approx 5 hours reading online, mainly on here. I still managed to **** it up & get an infection.... being the trooper I am, I drank all 23L of the *******. Since then, every batch has been delicious (thanks to reading here and listening to Jamil Show, Brewstrong, etc). I am now doing all grain BIAB and still surprise myself at how amazing the beers taste. I learn every day. There are no stupid questions, as long as you learn from them.
Enjoy this very addictive & rewarding hobby!

There are no stupid questions. Just stupid people asking questions.

Welcome aboard Zoiks. Very addictive hobby indeed. I haven't brewed for months but can't stop lurking on this forum!

Haha! It's a sickness not an addiction!

We've all asked questions which seem stupid to an experienced brewer, but that's part of the learning process.

I once asked "Would adding malts into the boil be a good idea" when I was just starting out. I swiftly got a rant from 'Dr.K', an experienced member here.
It wasn't an appreciated response and maybe he was having a bad day, but it wasn't helpful.
Most guys should give you a patient, helpful response however.

The best thing to do is get stuck into a few books before wading in with a million questions. Palmer/Zanicheff's 'How to Brew' is a great start.
Then do some lurking on here, read more and pose a few question if you need to.
And don't add grains to the boil, just to tick that one off your list.

Google search is your friend, although trawling through 50+ pages on a thread for a pearl of wisdom can be a little tedious

Agree with Danwood that reading up onthe subject is a great way to get ahead of the game. I really like Randy Mosher's 'Mastering Homebrew'. Don't forget to check your local library as mien has a fair few homebrew books

Blind Dog said:
as mien has a fair few homebrew books
"Helmut, your cover ist compromised ! Ze plan ist aborted, rendezvous in Zagreb at ze agreed destination !"

*yes, I know 'mien' is misspelled, pedants ! It's called artistic licence.

Latest posts

Back