Shocking Drivers (perth)

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sell the Duke and buy a Harley. People move out of your way.

punkin said:
Sell the Duke and buy a Harley. People move out of your way.
Correct. No one wants to get in the way of a career criminal or a man in the midtst of a mid life crissis.

Its a well known fact the we Ducati owners are responsable road users and role models.

scootering024-2.jpg

I was driving out to Renmark on a Sunday night for work a couple of weeks back and the road from mildura is just a long 110km/h single lane 'highway'.

I was going along at 120 (I know, I know, this thread is about bad drivers and doing that probably classes me as a bad driver but I don't speed in many other situations) and was coming up to a car that was going about 105 (from being behind them for a little bit at that speed).

I ended up overtaking the car on a long stretch of road with no other cars in the viewable distance. Upon overtaking, they sped up, beeped their horn and started yelling stuff at me (couldn't hear since music was on in the car).

Once I had overtaken, they tailgated me for quite some time beeping their horn with their high beams on, continuing to make hand gestures from their car.

I still have no clue why this driver decided to do that, but was a preeeetty stupid move.

Just an observation. I still have a Mark IV LeMans in the shed, so it's not like i'm not experienced. Been riding all my life and never owned a car till i was in my mid thirties, not a crook, so i guess i don't fit into the stereotypes you class me in. The Guzzi has Staintunes so can be heard and the XS11 before that had a barking 4into1 that would nearly set car alarms off on the downshift.

People see you on a harley, they don't on other bikes. It's just that simple. Says more about Joe Surbarban than Harley riders.

Nothing VB about this...

rocker1.JPG

Liam_snorkel said:
they wanted to fight ya.
Nothing like a casual sunday evening country highway overtaking car fight.

Brings me back to my childhood...

Happened to a bloke in our town here i know recently (Ural/Cossack/Dneiper rider). He was driving into town in his car, overtook normally and had the same thing happen. These guys virtually ran him off the road then beat the shit out of him when he got out.

Plenty of witnesses and the cops got em later, but obviously after the booze had worn off.

Known a few blokes with Guzzies. Deceptivley quick machines. And they sound great

punkin said:
Just an observation. I still have a Mark IV LeMans in the shed, so it's not like i'm not experienced. Been riding all my life and never owned a car till i was in my mid thirties, not a crook, so i guess i don't fit into the stereotypes you class me in. The Guzzi has Staintunes so can be heard and the XS11 before that had a barking 4into1 that would nearly set car alarms off on the downshift.

People see you on a harley, they don't on other bikes. It's just that simple. Says more about Joe Surbarban than Harley riders.

Nothing VB about this...

attachicon.gif
rocker1.JPG
Stereotypes are a bitch, aren't they?

For years I've had to live with the stigma of being a wanker with an un reliable bike.

Witch is only a half truth.

So the bike was actually reliable :)

Sorry but you knew that was coming

Ducatiboy stu said:
So the bike was actually reliable :)

Sorry but you knew that was coming
Boom -tish!

But yes, I'm onto number 4 now, another black Multi, only the fancy 1100 S this time - and apart from niggling wear and tare issues, they've all been reliable as a sun dial.

punkin said:

Nothing VB about this...

attachicon.gif
rocker1.JPG
not vb at all ,more like bluemoon.american mainstream pretending to be craft.

First rain here today after a bit of a dry spell, I Live not for from the highway intersection and have already heard several wanna-be heroes cuttin' loose in the wet,
Always good to see them on the side of the road after they have come unstuck, but sometimes these twits will take out some innocent driver with them..

Back