Shaunous's Photo Blog

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aaaaaaaaaand we're done!

N ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1413101114.783456.jpg

Nice.

I love my .17HMR. With a heavy barrel it's a weighty little bugger though. Perfect rabbit and fox medicine at Chemist Warehouse pricing. So much more accurate than the old .22WMR though from what I understand the modern ammo puts the 22 back up there.

My wife resents my firearms and hunting weekends. "Babe, relax, you're getting paranoid... " :ph34r:
17.jpg
(Sorry for the photo bombing but I like this thread)

Nice looking rifle Camo, better then my cheap arse .17hmr, Although it shoots straight as a die. Photo bomb away mate.

Never a dull moment here.

Early morning banging and clanging going on in the house.

"Can u here that babe? What's that noise"

Here is my cat 'Sooty' going apeshit trying to get in behind my fermenter grasping at something in the bathroom.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1413145135.701395.jpg

A bloody rabbit, she brought it inside to show us and it was still alive and got away from her.
ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1413145206.198976.jpg

Took a while for me to grab it, but I got there.

Just bottled my first go at a Habanero based Sriracha Sauce. Hot! Hot! Hot!

ImageUploadedByAussie Home Brewer1413190731.118756.jpg

Was woken up by my killer cat again an hour ago and she's nabbed another rabbit for me to knock on the head and throw in the river. Time to lock that cat door. This one was still alive but basically bled to near death. I would have breached some sort of AHB rule if I posted a photo.

Ducatiboy stu said:
How did you make it
Fermented for 7days (I think), then basically followed inidica's recipe but with cheap arse alternatives to the vinegar and salt(as it was all already in my cupboard).
It's pretty hot gear, can't wait to try cooking with and maybe jerky.

shaunous said:
and maybe jerky.
Photobombing up in this bitch
the spicy jerky I set aside from Mrs sp0rk's mild batch made over the last few days
IMG_20141014_065122.jpg
sorry for the potato photo, just got to work after the gym and I'm a little wobbly

You should use those rabbit for breeding maggots, my brother and I went trout fishing end of last week and got a load of trout on the maggots he had bred from pigs hearts, and he tells me that pigs hearts are good because they have less fat than lambs hearts so rabbit should be good.

Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa???

Trout with maggots, never tried that. Used spinners and small lure's, even tied black crickets tied to the end of the fishing line, but never tried maggots.

How big do said maggots get, before they turn into a fly and your fishing line becomes air-bourne.

As soon as they come off the meat put them in some saw dust and into the fridge, if you have trout in the river close to you tie a rabbit in any overhanging branches and the flies will find it lay their eggs and the maggots drop into the river fish where the maggots have been dropping in don' use any thing stronger than 3 lb line and a 12 or 14 size hook.

shaunous said:
Whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa???

Trout with maggots, never tried that. Used spinners and small lure's, even tied black crickets tied to the end of the fishing line, but never tried maggots.

How big do said maggots get, before they turn into a fly and your fishing line becomes air-bourne.
Maggots are extremely common in the UK fishing scene. Available in every tackle shop and your average trout would love them here too.
We used to use the chrysalis stage too (known as casters). And then there's the flies ? For trout ??? Never heard of that, mate !

And in other news...here's my take on Sriracha.

25 store bought Habs, one flame charred and de-skinned Capsicum, which was then smoked for an hour with a huge clove of garlic. Then all blended and left in a warm room for two weeks.

I'm gonna dilute it with other ingredients to make the final sauce. It has a very interesting smokey salami smell atm...mmmmmm

20141015_201138.jpg

I've had 3 wounded Sriracha warriors come into work yesterday after giving them a small sample jar to try with dinner. Even the 2 chilli guru's were feeling the pain.

I did however forget that there is actually a few Viper chilli's in with it, that probably doesnt help, but if you dont cover your whole meal in it, its actually really nice, better then watery Tobasco thats for sure. This will be a regular cooked sauce of mine from now on after every chilli harvest.

Nice ramblings Shaunus, you lead a very interesting life.
Have you thought about creating a blog on AHB? you can add daily posts and people can comment on them, a lot easier to follow than a thread.
This one will give you an idea of what I mean.
Blogs can be created here.

Yeh right-o Andrew, cheers mate.

Interesting yeh ;)

And I havnt even started showing you my 2 years in the jungles of PNG photo's yet :lol:

Latest posts

Back