Quantcast

Shank Diameter?

Aussie Home Brewer

Help Support Aussie Home Brewer:

woodwormm

Reaction score
I've just ordered some Perlicks and shanks to go into my new keezer arrangement.

like these
http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_p...products_id=221

I want to build the collar asap for various reasons..

am i correct in thinking the thread is 5/8 BSP? (which means an OD of a whisker under 23mm so if i drill my holes at 25mm I should be sweet?

Anyone else installed Perlicks and shanks recently and remember the size of the hole?

cheers

Cocko

Oh Dear..
Reaction score
I've just ordered some Perlicks and shanks to go into my new keezer arrangement.

like these
http://www.chicompany.net/index.php?main_p...products_id=221

I want to build the collar asap for various reasons..

am i correct in thinking the thread is 5/8 BSP? (which means an OD of a whisker under 23mm so if i drill my holes at 25mm I should be sweet?

Anyone else installed Perlicks and shanks recently and remember the size of the hole?

cheers

From memory, I drilled 23mm holes and needed to file them a little and then 'screwed' the shanks through, as in they made their own thread like a self tapping screw...

25mm - would work, as long as you have the plastic flanges to cover the front and a flanged nut on the back.

Again, from memory here - I struggle to remember to put on pants most days so.. grain of 2c salt and all that.

:icon_cheers:

woodwormm

Reaction score
Just took a measuring tape to my glass refill and 25mm will work fine.

2.4c
hehe, any excuse for a refill!

well i'm off to the shed to remind myself that i don't like beer out of the old keezer at 11 degrees! and make a few measures and cuts for the collar on the new keezer

zabond

Reaction score
I used a 23mm spade bit and the fit was a loose screw[no not the missus]

Wolfy

Reaction score
I used a 22mm spade-bit when I made the Beer Bin, and the shanks fit into the holes perfectly - in wood or a fridge-door I'd not want to pre-drill holes larger than that - you can always make them bigger, but it's a bit hard to make them smaller.

The taps/shanks I used were not Perlick, but AFIK they're all the same/standard size.

Latest posts