Seqld Grain Bulk Buy

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Whoa, now that was quick! Perhaps we should kick it off then? I'm happy to organise if need be, however we really need to bin that spreadsheet if it is more than 20 subscribers, that's quite likely as we have ten already and we haven't even officially commenced it yet.
So, late January/ Early Feb pick up? I realise that early in the calendar year household finances are often stretched by festive/ holiday season excess, so I'm mindful of the fact that sooner is probably much tougher than later for some brewers. BABBs is on 25th January IIRC, before then would probably be a stretch, so 28th at the earliest? However, that's what would normally be the Australia Day long weekend and the usual public holiday shenanigans with folks/ suppliers going away/ closing etc, may mean moving pickup day along to the first weekend in February, so bumping it to the 4th Feb or forward to 21st January. Perhaps an a show of hands would resolve it, provided there's no supply issues (enquiry already lodged). As far as the organising goes I'm not really that bothered as I'm not planning on going away then myself.

Batz, it should be OK to start a fresh thread?

Ralph I dont know what the go is with the spreadsheet you have. I have used it to hold more than 30 people. PM me your email and I'll send you a copy. No biggy if you want to use a different format.

Cheers Brad

You should be able to enable editing on this one once you save as

View attachment BULK_BUY_SPREADSHEET.xls

Thanks Brad, the previous one I had was limited to 20, might have been LibreOffice which was the hassle too, but at the time there wasn't much I could do except start another. See how we go, may not even need to go wider!
:icon_cheers:

I'm not sure if you guys would be interested but I have been contacted by another retailer who is interested in doing B.B. grain. It maybe worth a quote just to see hey?

Batz

I'm not sure if you guys would be interested but I have been contacted by another retailer who is interested in doing B.B. grain. It maybe worth a quote just to see hey?

Batz
Is his name Darren? :lol: Always good to get a second price hey.

The sooner the better for me. I completely missed the boat on the last one and I'm down to the dregs as far as Ale Malt goes.

If anyone is keen for a split, I wouldn't mind getting a half sack of Wey Vienna and a half sack of Wey Munich.

edit: spelling

I'd be up for a sack of wheat.

I'd possibly go a Munich and Marris Otter.

With principles of transparency, openness and fairness in mind I'd have to agree that other suppliers' quotations would indeed be worthwhile, however that leaves the regular bulk buy supplier at somewhat of a disadvantage as their pricing and terms are already published. I don't think it would be unfair to suggest that any supplier may care to publish their regular pricing structure and terms up front, that would only be equitable, then perhaps decided by a show of hands when the time comes.
I would note that vendor support and good will has been a feature of past bulk buys, IMO that's worthy of consideration along with the actual cost.

I would note that vendor support and good will has been a feature of past bulk buys, IMO that's worthy of consideration along with the actual cost.

YEAH !! don't shit in the nest for a few saved $$

hard to beat the support CB gives the bulk buys of grain in SEQ...

The sooner the better for me. I completely missed the boat on the last one and I'm down to the dregs as far as Ale Malt goes.

If anyone is keen for a split, I wouldn't mind getting a half sack of Wey Vienna and a half sack of Wey Munich.

edit: spelling

I'll split it! PM Sent aswell!! :icon_cheers:

YEAH !! don't shit in the nest for a few saved $$

hard to beat the support CB gives the bulk buys of grain in SEQ...

I would be surprised if anyone could better CB prices on bulk grain anyway.

I am in for 2 sacks of Floor Malted Fawcetts Maris Otter and one Barret Burston Ale. If these are not available I will take something similar. Let me know what other details you need, the post is very long and I have not read all of it. - Hoppydog

Thanks for all the expressions of interest, we should officially kick this off by early in the new year. :icon_cheers:

Thanks for all the expressions of interest, we should officially kick this off by early in the new year. :icon_cheers:
Oh yeah, and after brewing this week I'll need a bag of BB Pale as well! - we may need to think about 2 pallets :unsure:

FYI the official thread has commenced, please don't post in this one any longer. Hope I got everyone's EOIs, a thousand pardons if not! :icon_cheers:

Back