Seeking compensation for exploding beer bottle

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The ACA team measuring up the crater caused by the exploding beer bottle

blast-660_082413022356.jpg

Les the Weizguy said:
My thought was that the 'friend' is not a regular friend who would have identified the beer as homebrew and certainly would not have owned up to brewing said beer after the fact.

Perhaps the beer WAS identified as homebrew, but litigious money-grubbers decided to proceed, based on initial perceptions of commercial beer. Hardly ever happens, for MONEY!
I think Les might be onto something. Could all case swappers discontinue use of PET plastic bottles. Let's keep it glass only with original labels intact and feel free to leave your hydrometer on the shelf. Just think of the money we could make for buying shiny brew gear. The first proceeds really should go to the Grainer fund to pay for his PTSD sessions. Poor bloke is so terrified of glass he needs to blow massive wads of cash on beer engines.

Dropping exploding bottles into the bin one by one seems a bit silly.

There's nothing common about common sense. Especially from this source of reporting. I cant watch the video. Its like advocates of ignorance and carelessness educating people that stupidity is the way to be. Then sue somebody when you get hurt. Dropping bottle bombs on top of each other one by one? Grabbing them by the bunch with bare arms after they've already started exploding? The reality TV style sobbing. come on....
This is why I cant watch TV.

When you go to hospital with injuries like this they ask questions of what happened could be domestic voilence or self inflicted like punching a window.Problem If you do make up a story things like facebook and emails and SMS could be a problem and the 000 call .

You would think there would have been pictures of all the glass and damage in the kitchen...if it was legit the brewery would have paid out ages ago, i would think. And if there was a dodgy batch of glass ir product it would have surfaced before now.

I wont believe a single word of that story until the Daily Telegraph do a story on it. ( cause we all know the Daily Telegraph would never sensationalis a story like ACA would )

10 months not being able to work...I call Bullshit

madpierre06 said:
You would think there would have been pictures of all the glass and damage in the kitchen...if it was legit the brewery would have paid out ages ago, i would think. And if there was a dodgy batch of glass ir product it would have surfaced before now.
Taking pictures that was what a storm damaged house owner was told to do by the neighbor who worked in the legal industry and when the insurance company tried not to pay made all the difference.

Bribie G said:
I'm surprised that ACA Is on her side.
Normal practice would be to follow her around for 6 months with hidden cameras until they caught her out using the hand. Then run a shock jock story on the lying bitch, preferably with cameras stuck through her car windows.
and up her arse to see if fermentation is taking place. :blink:

Perhaps ISIS planted the exploding bottle. The mad bastards have taken out a tank with a 2L Coke -

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahh, ACA love that show/ report/program......Pigs fckn arse I do !
Is it " reality TV " ?, sadly a lot of people believe it is ( not here).
And...and...oh I give up, yep a pissed post.

Back