Secrets To Big Hop Aromas

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've brewed that beer a few times, and it is a great beer.
The hop-bursting idea really gives a lot of late hop flavour and aroma.

Doc

Yep, I've been doing the all late hop thing for close on 12 months now.

It works ! You get great flavour and aroma from the all late additions and it can shorten the brew day. On those days when I don't have too much time I'll brew all late hop. Boil for 30 minutes and additions every 5 minutes until flameout. Very simple and it gives you a real good idea of what a hop really tastes and smells like. From memory, I was using around 25-30gms at each addition on a 20 litre batch. Remember to adjust for losses due to the amount of hops you are using as well. You have to try to get the freshest hops you can too. The last one I did with all cascade wasn't really too good. It has improved somewhat with time but just isn't quite right. I think the batch of cascade I used had seen betters days. <_<

I'm now actually starting to move away from all late hop additions due to availability and the quality of hops at the moment. They are getting harder to find and the quality of what is available is not too great. I am planning on ordering good stuff from the site sponsors though :)

Just my 2c worth.

gary

Latest posts

Back