Screw you Abbott! The silent assassin.

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Dave70 said:
Clean skin beer? Why not. Woks for the winos.
Personally, I can see an upside.
The breweries can pass the savings they make on pretentious and costly label artwork onto the consumer. No more priming your expectations, just the facts.

What state it's from.
Whats it is.
What its made from.
Best before date.
How many standard drinks contained therein.

(with the obligatory 'may contain traces of nuts' caution, of course)

Just like the beer I had at a nightclub in Berlin a few years back.

IMG03093-20111008-0251.jpeg

IMG03096-20111008-0413.jpeg

IMG03094-20111008-0252.jpeg

Flavour doesn't need a name

Ingredients: Water, barley malt, hops, love

As much as I dislike this government, excise is indexed to CPI twice a year no matter who is in power, bit of a misinformed article. I would LOVE to see some excise relief as a professional brewer, but at the end of the day its not going anywhere and we just have to live with it. Does an extra 30 cents a carton mean your going to stop drinking? Didn't think so.

Rather hypocritical that wine is not considered for the sin taxes don't you think?

Scooby Tha Newbie said:
Yes Very

How many people on your payrole?
None I bet.

My business has grown 10-12% scence the change of government. The fact is people are more confident,they are willing to spend again.Thats something that we didnt have under the last Regime.

+1
Yes. We've gone from 25% of capacity to 150% of capacity since Sept 6th

Thats because it would upset all the rich folk who have invested in small wineries as a tax dodge..

Dave70 said:
Clean skin beer? Why not. Woks for the winos.
Personally, I can see an upside.
The breweries can pass the savings they make on pretentious and costly label artwork onto the consumer.
Just like the tobacco companies did???? Not likely.

Stux said:
To be objective, it was hawke who brought this in, and Rudd who fiddled with it in order to raise revenue

"Under changes made by the former Rudd government, the tax on cigarettes and tobacco will increase in March and September every year in line with average wages, which is usually a higher measure."
But do you think for 1 minute that this government is going to change it for the better. Shit no!! Just easier to spin it and blame previous governments....

Liam_snorkel said:
I thought the thread title was a bit of a sarcastic troll given that "Abbott" was originally misspelt. Now that it's been fixed.. I guess not.
Kinda was, I didn't make any corrections though so dunno about that..

I did say in the OP that it was nothing new but there were some interesting stats...

Tone IS a silent assassin... He tries (and does) to cover information up at Avery turn, he is a ******* cancer... Not suggesting that there are better options though...

Back Yard Brewer said:
But do you think for 1 minute that this government is going to change it for the better. Shit no!! Just easier to spin it and blame previous governments....
That is a different thing though. If the article was "Tony Abbott hasn't touched the Excise scheme that Hawke implemented and Rudd increased", then perhaps you'd have a point, but then the article would obviously be about nothing, which it is.

Stux said:
That is a different thing though. If the article was "Tony Abbott hasn't touched the Excise scheme that Hawke implemented and Rudd increased", then perhaps you'd have a point, but then the article would obviously be about nothing, which it is.
Yeah......its like it happens every couple of years or something, but it still manages to take us by surprise every time. If I had **** all to do in life I'd trawl through AHB to find the relevant topics from each increase over the years and link them but......The search engine's up the shit apparently.

I'm more worried about the bear tax increase that the other thread is on about.

Ducatiboy stu said:
Thats because it would upset all the rich folk who have invested in small wineries as a tax dodge..
Or all the pollies getting their cellars filled for free every year would miss out.

Surely you are not suggesting that our politicians would even consider the offer of free wine in return for possibly forgeting to look at ways of equalising the excise accross the board. They would be choking on their pinot as we speak at the mere thought

Quote Stooby tha newbie:....."My business has grown 10-12% scence the change of government. The fact is people are more confident,they are willing to spend again.Thats something that we didnt have under the last Regime."

And what is your business??? Debt collection??

jlm said:
I'm more worried about the bear tax increase that the other thread is on about.
**** it. just hide your bear in the outhouse like everyone else does. When the man comes round to get the BAT, just pretend you're really hungry.

Back