Scandinavian Beer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

im_hoppin_mad

Reaction score
does ne one have a good recipe for a SCANDINAVIAN lager not so much danish but more Norwegian or finish styles

no.jpg

Carlsberg, Tuborg

Perle Pilsner
T Beer
Harboe Pilsner
Dansk Pilsner

No recipes though.

IHM - this site - has probably all you could want to know about Finnish beer :D .

Alternatively this other site you may not have heard of, is also a great source of information.

awrabest, stu (I'm not getting any younger, and still (apparently) having difficulty getting over myself :p ).

edit: this was posted after the work xmas lunch

wee stu said:
IHM - this site - has probably all you could want to know about Finnish beer
[post="98019"][/post]​
Nice link stu. Heaps of good info there. If you can't make a good Scandanavian beer after reading that.......

ozbrewer said:
does anyone have a link for www.google.com?
[post="98031"][/post]​

jeez mate, you ask the hard ones - don't you?

im_hoppin_mad said:
i wont recipes
[post="98046"][/post]​

Dude its easy....I wont recipes PLEASE

FFS you got attitude....go to OzKItBeeR they may help you

im_hoppin_mad said:
i wont recipes
[post="98046"][/post]​

I am pretty sure you won't too IHM. But, possibly because I am bored, here is a recipe for a genuine Finnish beer.

It isn't a light lager, but given that Finland was colonised by Sweden for over a thousand years and that Denmark has colonised most of the Scandinavian brewing industry for most of the last century that is maybe not such a surprise.

However, after throwing off the yoke of Swedish colonisation, Finland spent much of the 20th century redeveloping trade and cultural links with the baltic states, and more latterly, the USSR. If the Finns are known for any particularly distinctive beer style, other than the esoteric and hard to replicate sahti, it is probably their own variant on the Baltic porter style. One such beer is

Sinebrychoff Porter

All Grain Recipe - for 19L

5.4kg pale ale malt
0.17kg vienna malt
.17kg munich malt
.23kg chocolate malt
.23 kg 55L crystal malt
.23 kg carapils malt

mash for 90 mins @ 66C

40g German Hallertauer 60 min
10g German Hallertauer 15 min
10g Saaz 5 min

yeast - Wyeast 1742 Swedish or Wyeast 1084 Irish

Up to you now IHM - brew it, then send bottles to everyone who has tried to help you on this thread. We will be waiting ;)

In the meantime, mind your P's and Q's - and please, try to keep the peace :rolleyes: .

awrabest, ever helpful, stu

Back