Scales For Measuring Grain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep +1 from me Pok. I have the exact same set. I have tried calibration weights on them and they are good to the gram. Another feature you may not have noticed yet is that they have an internal battery, once charged you can cart them around and use them without plugging into a powerpoint (eg good for weighing luggage before going to the airport).
Plus with a LCD screen on 2 sides you can bung them on a bench/table and throw the grain at it from either side.

Awesome. Any idea how you set the memory buttons??

Awesome. Any idea how you set the memory buttons??

Nah I have only played with the prices for shits and giggles, can't remember right now how to do it.
Another feature which is very good is that the item being weighed does not have to be central on the plate - works just as accurately anywhere on the plate, off to the side or on a corner - tested it with a 50g calibration weight.

oohhhh, very tempting
if only i didn't have to leave to go on holiday in Fiji on saturday...

WOW, that's a pretty good deal innit?

just pushed the button on these scales. Will be very handy.

As well as measuring grain, i plan to use it to support my cubes as i'm filling to get an idea of how much is in there. And for double batches, just halve the post boil volume without trub losses, and then fill to weight on the scales for each cube.

Too easy.

Cheers for the heads up!

Got mine! Thinking of doing a high gravity brew and spilt between two cubes. Like BigNath but I don't have the full capacity for a double batch YET!

I've had the same set as Pok and Florian for a couple of years - stainless top showing some signs of rust but working perfectly - coming in very handy weighing our new puppies ATM as well :)

I've had the same set as Pok and Florian for a couple of years - stainless top showing some signs of rust but working perfectly - coming in very handy weighing our new puppies ATM as well :)
Great idea. We can weigh the kids before putting them on ebay :ph34r:

I have also found these scales to be good. Works just as well as a commercial scale I purchased for $500

Back