Scales For Measuring Grain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I convinced SWMBO to get me one for Xmas... I couldn't justify it right now unfortunately. She got the black one so now the pain waiting for December 25.

Although I already have a couple of grain scales (both the same model as eah other that I purcahsed a few years ago), the ones I have only weighed up to 5kg, so with a bucket etc on there to hold the grain, they weren't big enough for a single batch.

These ones should be a nice replacement for my current scales.

But as said previously, this guy must've got a huuuuge amount of business in the time that this sale was on through AHB...

But as said previously, this guy must've got a huuuuge amount of business in the time that this sale was on through AHB...

After i purchased mine, i was keeping an eye on the listing. Refreshing it every couple of hours, whilst i was in front of the laptop checking emails.

In one night, he has sold atleast 110+ units.

I bought two, one for me, one for my brewing mate, my dad bought a set as he's about to start moving toward AG brewing....

The socket is recessed so it would depend on the plug itself.

I don't want to give the impression that the cable situation is super-dodgy. It isn't. The cable isn't tight against the bench/ground/whatever. It's just that it doesn't seem ideal to me.
Bum,
I have had a set of these scales for about two years. Once you have charged up the internal battery, it will work for ages without having to plug the AC cable in.

That's good to hear.

Cheers, billygoat.

SWMBO said I could have an early Xmas present so I just opened my scales up.

I am finding it hard to adjust the bubble to be in the middle of the level. I have been fiddling around with the feet now for 20 minutes but it seems like the thread to 2 on one side is far too short so the feet drop out.

Has anyone else experienced this problem?... I would rather not have to prop up one side of the scales to accommodate.

How far out are your feet screwed for the adjustment?

The bubble on my scales was way out probably 50mm so I used a small spirit level and adjusted the legs until it was level,they are good scales just don't trust the bubble.

I bought some of these 35kg/2g scales about a month ago. When I plugged them in, there was a big bang and a flash, and my circuit breaker tripped. I reset the circuit breaker, and the scales worked fine for about 2 weeks. Then they had issues turning on. Sometimes they would, sometimes they wouldn't. Then they wouldn't turn on at all - there was a faint beep, the screen went green, but no numbers. Then the plug point fell out when I was trying to remove the kettle cable.

Anyway, I emailed ozplaza.living on ebay and explained the story. They emailed me straight back on a Sunday, apologized for the inconvenience, and arranged for a new set to be sent out to me, which have since arrived. No requirement for me to email them a photo of the damage, and more importantly, no requirement for me to return the scales which would have cost a fair bit (they are pretty big!). Overall, great service from the ebay seller.

The scales are cheap and lightweight, but they seem pretty accurate.

Back