Scales For Measuring Grain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BeauVinnie

Reaction score
Hey, just wondering if anyone has a good ebay seller for some digi scales to measure the grain with, i have a tiny kitchen one that i can only do 400g increments and am over it. Any advice would be sweet

cheers

I got some for $16-$17 from a Chinese seller on flea bay. 7kg max in 1g increments. Working great so far...

Would have to check the make and can't remember who I got it from (as in which seller) but digital scales seems to be one of those things I look for on ebay that actually suggests a bargain.

Mine have been running well for about 2 years and measure five or ten? kg at a time (my hopper only takes one which is why I'm unsure).

Anyway $10 plus minimal postage, it's hard to go too wrong.

2 that I got for measuring salts and hops are also running fine (when there's good batteries inside) and I do cane them. Sit them in water and wort on the table, forget to put the covers on, etc. One was 99 cents (plus postage).

2 that I got for measuring salts and hops are also running fine 9when there's good batteries inside) and I do can them. Sit them in water and wort on the table, forget to put the covers on etc. One was 99C plus postage.

Yasmani, is that you???

Do your salts and hops give you the lucky taste?

I think ive uncovered a conspiracy......

Yasmani, is that you???

Do your salts and hops give you the lucky taste?

I think ive uncovered a conspiracy......
I have one just like this. Cheap, no batteries, up to 5Kg...accurate enough.

B005CNQJDM.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

That's what alcohol free nights do to you.

Im trying to pullet some sheeps into good hearty sirip but Im worry there salty seeds can run over in my wine glass

for my last double batch I used the digital bathroom scales for the base malt. I used the kitchen scales for the specialty stuff

Yes I got these scales some time ago and am very happy with them also. Some scales you have to make sure the item is centered on them, these ones record truthfully even if the weight is on one corner. They also have an internal battery so once charged you can use them anywhere without being plugged in. As a commercial style they have an LCD screen on the front and the back - I have them on the table in my shed and sometimes fill from one side and sometimes from the other (depending upon which bulk grain I am chasing!) and don't need to move the scales to suit.

That's what alcohol free nights do to you.

Im trying to pullet some sheeps into good hearty sirip but Im worry there salty seeds can run over in my wine glass

Good times lucky sheep pishab!

Hi all,

Just thought I would post this up.

Received a set of scales today that I bought off ebay, cost me $47.90 delivered.

Good for 35kg, in 1g increments.

Build quality is fine, might not be up for commercial use but at <$50 and for homebrew and weighing around the house, oh and will be used for weighing vineyard chemicals aswell, they will do the job.

I checked their accuracy against two other set of scales, one set in the winery at work and another set of kitchen scales at home, both times the readings were exactly the same down to the gram. That's accurate enough for me!!!

They can also calculate prices, not that I can work out how to save prices to the memory as the instructions I got don't seem to match the scales I got. But you can input the price and it will give you the answer still. Will be a bit of "fun" when measuring grain, can see how much a brew costs.

Anyway I guess I will see how they go over the long run but for now they seem $$ well spent.

Cheers, Pok.

Photo of the scales.

image.jpeg

Link to same scales and same seller.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/270839659468?ss...984.m1439.l2649

^^ Got the same set as Pok, have had them for three years and they've gone through some serious mistreatment, drenched in beer and hot wort, covered in dust, even drove the car onto them once (well, the wife...). Still work fine.

Also use them to weigh luggage before plane trips when the bathroom scales are out of batteries again.

EDIT: They also have a display on both sides which comes in handy when weighing bulky stuff.

Hi all,

Just thought I would post this up.

Received a set of scales today that I bought off ebay, cost me $47.90 delivered.

Good for 35kg, in 1g increments.

Build quality is fine, might not be up for commercial use but at <$50 and for homebrew and weighing around the house, oh and will be used for weighing vineyard chemicals aswell, they will do the job.

I checked their accuracy against two other set of scales, one set in the winery at work and another set of kitchen scales at home, both times the readings were exactly the same down to the gram. That's accurate enough for me!!!

They can also calculate prices, not that I can work out how to save prices to the memory as the instructions I got don't seem to match the scales I got. But you can input the price and it will give you the answer still. Will be a bit of "fun" when measuring grain, can see how much a brew costs.

Anyway I guess I will see how they go over the long run but for now they seem $$ well spent.

Cheers, Pok.

Photo of the scales.

View attachment 51788

Link to same scales and same seller.
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/270839659468?ss...984.m1439.l2649

Yep +1 from me Pok. I have the exact same set. I have tried calibration weights on them and they are good to the gram. Another feature you may not have noticed yet is that they have an internal battery, once charged you can cart them around and use them without plugging into a powerpoint (eg good for weighing luggage before going to the airport).
Plus with a LCD screen on 2 sides you can bung them on a bench/table and throw the grain at it from either side.

Latest posts

Back