Scales For Measuring Grain

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
......the dude selling these things is having a heart attack right now.

How many has he sold during the past 24hours! :lol:

Great idea. We can weigh the kids before putting them on ebay :ph34r:

For some reason though, they just won't fit in the airlock like a kitten will....

:ph34r

For some reason though, they just won't fit in the airlock like a kitten will....

:ph34r

:)

... and of course I'm joking. I'm dying for the day I can brew and say "clean up daddy's beer mess kids!"

... and of course I'm joking. I'm dying for the day I can brew and say "clean up daddy's beer mess kids!"

Sadly, puppy 'babies' are really only good at two things - pissing and shitting. Scratch that, there's a third. Waking me up multiple times a night.....

But they're awesome :)

Live streaming during work hours Here on UStream

They're all asleep. Could you pop home and give them a bit of a poke?

Cheers.

Sadly, puppy 'babies' are really only good at two things - pissing and shitting. Scratch that, there's a third. Waking me up multiple times a night.....

But they're awesome :)

Live streaming during work hours Here on UStream

Getting a little :icon_offtopic: now... but... can you poke them with a stick cause they're all just sleeping.

Look now - I am home. This is on you though - unhappy puppies make an unhappy nick! I'll wave :)

Daaww!

Cheers for that.

Lol, they're famous now :)

Anyone who wants one (shameless plug) they'll be available in around 6 weeks. 5 males, 5 females, all purebred Chocolate Labs.....

Anyone who wants to make a road-trip will be guaranteed a few beers for free ;)

EDIT: another close up at 1pm Qld time (2pm EDST) or in 13 mins ;)

Posted and on the way. I sure like the quick response. Bit by bit and I'll be in AG and be envious no more (or is that jealous) of a lot of you out there. :p

Sorry for the :icon_offtopic:

Puppies about ready for a feeding from mum :)

I purchased one of these the night before last. Just arrived now - ridiculously fast service from the seller there.

Arrived in somewhat flimsy retail packaging only - no damage though so I have no complaint there.

I'm a bit unhappy with the power cable arrangement. IEC cable plugs in vertically from underneath and the cable must flex 90 degrees immediately at the end of the plug - little bit of stress placed on it there, I'd imagine.

The adjustable feet are a bit dinky and quite short so you'll need to make sure the surface you're using them on is already pretty level. The fact that it has adjustable feet and a level bubble at all is pretty good either way.

The pan seems kinda dinky which might not be great in the clumy environment that is my brewery. We'll see.

Those minor complaints aside the unit seems awesome and excellent value at $36 delivered. Easy to use and seemingly quite accurate based on the limited testing I've been able to do on it so far. Only thing I'd like it to do that it doesn't is be able to show the full weight after a tare operation has been done without taking the item off the scale - not really an issue though.

[EDIT: typos, javascript issues, misc deletions]

Sounds like a good unit for $36. What do you mean by this though bum?...

Only thing I'd like it to do that it doesn't is be able to show the full weight after a tare operation has been done without taking the item off the scale - not really an issue though.

I purchased one of these the night before last. Just arrived now - ridiculously fast service from the seller there.

Arrived in somewhat flimsy retail packaging only - no damage though so I have no complaint there.

The pan seems kinda dinky which might not be great in the clumy environment that is my brewery. We'll see.

[EDIT: typos, javascript issues, misc deletions]

Quick question to anyone that has one of these scales. When you remove the metal weighing plate, does the underside only have 3 alignment pins to go into the 5 available holes?

Yeah, I even confused myself writing that one.

Something along the lines of toggling between two weights. Say, add Xkg of grain, tare, add Ykg of grain, switch back to view total weight. As I say, not an essential feature but would have been nice to have - certainly outside of what the device is designed for so not a real complaint.

Yeah, three pins here, Matt. It does sit firmly on all the sensors though so I think all the pins do is stop it from sliding off the top.

Airlock_Kitty.jpg

I'm a bit unhappy with the power cable arrangement. IEC cable plugs in vertically from underneath and the cable must flex 90 degrees immediately at the end of the plug - little bit of stress placed on it there, I'd imagine.

bum,

if you had an actual right angle IEC would that be a problem?

I have one left over from another build so if that's the go, i'll be able to use that instead of the one supplied.

The socket is recessed so it would depend on the plug itself.

I don't want to give the impression that the cable situation is super-dodgy. It isn't. The cable isn't tight against the bench/ground/whatever. It's just that it doesn't seem ideal to me.

Latest posts

Back