"sanitize" Brand Sanitizer

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan A

Reaction score
Hi,

Has anyone used this stuff, I am a little unsure of how to use it as the instructions are no that clear...

Do I just spray it on and let it dry?

or

Can I just spray it on and then make my brew? while the gear is still wet with the solution.

Do I need to completely cover everything with the solution? or will the spray pump be enough to sanitize.

Thanks
Dan

Just mix it up in a spray bottle as per the instructions, and thoroughly wet whatever you want sanitised. For small things like thermometers and hydrometers etc it might be easier to have a small container of solution and let the item sit in it.

There are conflicting reports about its speed of action, suggestions vary from 30 seconds up to 10 minutes.

Sanitize is basically a 3% hydrogen peroxide (H202) solution. If you want more technical info about the stuff you could plough through this thread or get Googling.

Hi,

Has anyone used this stuff, I am a little unsure of how to use it as the instructions are no that clear...
Do I just spray it on and let it dry?

or

Can I just spray it on and then make my brew? while the gear is still wet with the solution.

Do I need to completely cover everything with the solution? or will the spray pump be enough to sanitize.

Thanks
Dan

Assuming that what you wish to sanitise is already clean (no layers of crud ) spraying the diluted solution onto your gear and leaving it for 10-20 minutes should be enough to do its job. It is a no-rinse product, so if it drip dries, good, if it's still a bit wet, no matter.

Great, thanks guys.

A Black Rock apple cider is now brewing. :beerbang:

Latest posts

Back