Sandgroper 2007 Christmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In that case I'll make a very special beer just for Corellion. I wonder what a wheat beer with about 20% dark crystal would taste like?

I considered brewing a Rauchdunkelweizenbock with smoked malt, crystal and wheat just to keep Corellion happy but have decided against it. Maybe next year? :lol:

Well, I hope the fickle Corellion likes corn.

Well if we have a drop out or case is still open and nobody objects i dont mind being a replacement "n"

Richard

Rule 1: There are no dropouts !

Current value of n = 21.

I refer you to rule 2 which states max value of n = 25.

Case is therefore still open !

In that case (no pun intended)
1) Guest Lurker
2) Goat
3) Roger Mellie
4) Sir - Asher - Sir !
5) Ausdb - plenty of time to go through the shed and find that mojo, it's gotta be there somewhere,
6) Chillamacgilla73
7) Sinkas, time to try making that Saisonweizen again....
8) barfridge - my mojo might be on holidays with yours Darryn
9) Vlad the Pale Aler
10) Kai
11) Mika - pending Sinkas signed statement that the SaisonWeizen will NOT be part of the case swap
12) kook
13) RandyRob - Lucky 13 Ale
14) Doogiechap
15) Mikeb
16) Amita
17) Facter (Fletch)
18) Simon W
19) deebee
20) clay
21) Tony M. Just lobbed in Prague and picked up this thread. Can now build up a varied supply of wheats
22) Recharge

Cheers Rich

Welcome aboard Rich. Beer to my place on or before case swap day which is 22 Dec.

Will bring on the day since thats ok.
If i can remember how to get there, its slowly coming back to me.

Cheers
Rich

Is that wonderful offer of Ants still going and if so, wouldn't he be an "n"?

You could be correct there Tony - I think we were going add Ant in there.

Just went down the shed to prep for a brew tomorrow to find that my fermenting chest freezer has died, so I might be a Weinstephaner'er again, unless I can get some emergency funding through the council... :(

Fermenting fridge here not got anything in it. You could no-chill :ph34r:, bring round your fermentor and yeast and ferment out here. Welcome to bottle to.
Just an option.

Thanks for the offer Mika - I'll give the quokka a go first and see how I get on.

I am closer, but cant offer my fermenting fridge, as I plan to brew my case beer next weekend.

I considered brewing a Rauchdunkelweizenbock with smoked malt, crystal and wheat just to keep Corellion happy but have decided against it. Maybe next year? :lol:
I think a hint of belgian or non saccharomyces would also go well with that I hear Corellion is big on brett :)

Goat, I have one very big very empty fermenting fridge you are welcome to put the fermenter in. Its a bit too big to drop off to your place but maybe GL could do without his new beer engine fridge for a few weeks, as he is grabbing the small one I have spare. So feel free to drop round and grab it if you want then just drop it off to GL's when you have finished it and save him the hassle of borrowing his mates trailer

Just went down the shed to prep for a brew tomorrow to find that my fermenting chest freezer has died, so I might be a Weinstephaner'er again, unless I can get some emergency funding through the council... :(

saison yeast ferments nicely in this kind of weather, mine got up to 35+*C in last summer's heat, had a few today still going down very nicely.

Thanks Ausdb - very kind. I'll try ot sort something this week, if I don't succeed, I'll give you a call.

Yep, A Saison might be the go, but I'm worried the Chief Steward might look apon yet another spicey wheaty number from me, less than favourably - so I was aiming for an Esspresso Ale to please him... (and Correllion).

Alright, that's just about enough chatter in here. People might start to think we're easterners.

Alright, that's just about enough chatter in here. People might start to think we're easterners.
Shurrup you in the cheap seats, who pulled your chain :D

Going once, going twice....CASE CLOSED.

Cos I am bottling tomorrow and need to know how many.

RULE CHANGE

Let n be the number of participants. You supply (n-1)+1 = n bottles of beer.

n=22 so 22 longnecks please, all with labels.

We do the swap, where we take one of each beer INCLUDING OUR OWN which makes for less confusion. Then, we remove the bottle of OUR beer from our case, walk over, and give it to Ant.

Cheers, The Grand Poobah

Back