Sandgroper 2007 Christmas Case

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Guest Lurker

Big Dog Brewing
Reaction score
The Sandgroper Christmas case swap for 2007 is not an AHB sponsored event and it is not organised by consensus. It is organised by me and I make the rules. I organise it each year because I want the opportunity to taste what other brewers in WA are making. It is not a competition. The idea is that you brew the best beer you can with your current skills and equipment and share them with your fellow brewers. Your fellow brewers make an effort to give you some feedback.

The rules are:

1) Let n be the number of participants. Let B be the number of longnecks of beer you contribute.
2) Maximum value of n is currently 25. I reserve the right to change this.
3) If n<=13, then B= 2(n-1).
4) If 13<n<=25, then B=(n-1)
5) A longneck can be plastic or glass, it contains between 500 and 800 ml of beer, 750 ml is best but anywhere in the range is OK. We are tasting each others beer, not arguing over whether a glass crown seal is better than a PET screw top.
6) All beers must be labelled.
7) We make beer, not long discussion threads. We dont care what you are going to make, or what snack you might bring.
8) Think hard before entering. Once you commit, there is NO BACKING OUT. One year, one participant ended up buying commercial beer to meet his case obligations. We didnt argue, and we didnt let him off! He got a good deal, gave away German commercial beer, received hand crafted beers in return.
9) If bottle conditioning, remember, these beers are in OTHER PEOPLES HOUSES. We would rather drink undercarbonated beer than clean your beer off our ceiling, or remove your glass from our pets.
10) The case swap will happen a couple of weeks before Christmas, at my place in Bayswater. You either get the beers there before, or arrive on the day. We do the swap and you go away with a case of finely crafted beers for Christmas drinking.
11) Post your participation in this thread. No proxy entries, post under your nick or miss out.

Looking forward to it already!

PS This is not the right room for an argument.

Contributers signed up:
1) Guest Lurker
2) Goat
3) Roger Mellie
4) Sir - Asher - Sir !

Contributers signed up:
1) Guest Lurker
2) Goat
3) Roger Mellie
4) Sir - Asher - Sir !
5) Ausdb - plenty of time to go through the shed and find that mojo, it's gotta be there somewhere, :unsure:

Contributers signed up:
1) Guest Lurker
2) Goat
3) Roger Mellie
4) Sir - Asher - Sir !
5) Ausdb - plenty of time to go through the shed and find that mojo, it's gotta be there somewhere, :unsure:
6) Chillamacgilla73

Contributers signed up:
1) Guest Lurker
2) Goat
3) Roger Mellie
4) Sir - Asher - Sir !
5) Ausdb - plenty of time to go through the shed and find that mojo, it's gotta be there somewhere,
6) Chillamacgilla73
7) Sinkas, time to try making that Saisonweizen again....

Contributers signed up:
1) Guest Lurker
2) Goat
3) Roger Mellie
4) Sir - Asher - Sir !
5) Ausdb - plenty of time to go through the shed and find that mojo, it's gotta be there somewhere,
6) Chillamacgilla73
8) barfridge - my mojo might be on holidays with yours Darryn

Contributers signed up:
1) Guest Lurker
2) Goat
3) Roger Mellie
4) Sir - Asher - Sir !
6) Chillamacgilla73
9) Vlad the Pale Aler

I feel something dark and smokey brewing....

Contributers signed up:
1) Guest Lurker
2) Goat
3) Roger Mellie
4) Sir - Asher - Sir !
6) Chillamacgilla73
9) Vlad the Pale Aler
10) Kai

Contributers signed up:
1) Guest Lurker
2) Goat
3) Roger Mellie
4) Sir - Asher - Sir !
6) Chillamacgilla73
9) Vlad the Pale Aler
10) Kai
11) Mika - pending Sinkas signed statement that the SaisonWeizen will NOT be part of the case swap :lol:

Contributers signed up:
1) Guest Lurker
2) Goat
3) Roger Mellie
4) Sir - Asher - Sir !
6) Chillamacgilla73
9) Vlad the Pale Aler
10) Kai
11) Mika - pending Sinkas signed statement that the SaisonWeizen will NOT be part of the case swap :lol:
12) kook

Contributers signed up:
1) Guest Lurker
2) Goat
3) Roger Mellie
4) Sir - Asher - Sir !
6) Chillamacgilla73
9) Vlad the Pale Aler
10) Kai
11) Mika - pending Sinkas signed statement that the SaisonWeizen will NOT be part of the case swap
12) kook
13) RandyRob - Lucky 13 Ale

1) Guest Lurker
2) Goat
3) Roger Mellie
4) Sir - Asher - Sir !
6) Chillamacgilla73
9) Vlad the Pale Aler
10) Kai
11) Mika - pending Sinkas signed statement that the SaisonWeizen will NOT be part of the case swap
12) kook
13) RandyRob - Lucky 13 Ale [/quote]
14) Doogiechap

1) Guest Lurker
2) Goat
3) Roger Mellie
4) Sir - Asher - Sir !
6) Chillamacgilla73
9) Vlad the Pale Aler
10) Kai
12) kook
13) RandyRob - Lucky 13 Ale [/quote]
14) Doogiechap
15) Mikeb

Hmmm....well I did want to demonstrate to those Eastern Staters that a case swap can be organized with one introduction post, followed by one post per participant.

But now that "Chiller the chatterbox" has started it, I guess a little chatter would be OK :)

MikeB is a little project I've been working on for a while... B)

After going All Grain a few months back he is producing some mighty drinkable stuff! Unfortunately due to his work he doesn't have the time to peruse places like this as much as some.

You may remember him if you were at Barfridges Brewday a few years back.

1) Guest Lurker
2) Goat
3) Roger Mellie
4) Sir - Asher - Sir !
6) Chillamacgilla73
9) Vlad the Pale Aler
10) Kai
12) kook
13) RandyRob - Lucky 13 Ale
14) Doogiechap
15) Mikeb
16) Amita

Back