Saflager 34/70

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used cheapyeast twice now and found the service and delivery excellent. The yest comes packaged in a CD and Photo Mailer and takes about 3 days from order from Miranda NSW to Maitland NSW.
I knew a fellow by same name back in 1980 - 1982. You wouldn't happen to have been in the Newcastle area during that time? NCAE?

Last edited:
Westheimer, have you used cheapyeast.com.au? Or has anybody else?

I ordered 7 satchets of yeast over a week ago and have been waiting without hearing anything or receiving delivery. The transaction is showing as "pending" on my Visa account but I was informed by Paypal that the transaction has "expired". I've contacted Cheap Yeast using their Mail / message pop-up so I'm waiting to hear back. The items were still showing in the "cart" so I then tried to re-submit the order only to find that they are out of stock US-05. No contact to advise or explain. Just nothing.
I've now amended the order to include S23 in place of US-05 but when you go through the shipping and payment procedure, nothing happens. No payment confirmation, no email. It almost appears that is just doesn't do anything and returns to the order page, but the transaction shows up in Paypal. When I return to the main page, the items are still in the "cart" which doesn't usually happen. Once an online transaction is processed items in the cart are removed and placed on the order.
Pretty poor performance so far or his webpage designer needs a different job.

I have used them with no issues, remember the entire logistics chain sucks at the moment.

All sorted and my yeast is on the way. Once we established contact I found Alex extremely helpful and I will be going back for more.

Back