Safe But Devestated

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thoughts with everyone effected.

I grew up in Tassie and know the areas reasonably well. Have rellies down the Huon so hoping they are all safe.

When I was a little kid in the 70's we used to go to Connellys Marsh once a year to have a BBQ with my dad's friends and all the families. I remember it as a great place. I am sure it will be again.

Damian.

thought this might put a smile on some faces.. in times such as we live in currently, smiles are welcome... rye or not ;)

as a side, Ive been down to the property and dug from the ashes a very meaningful relic.. hands have been on site and the old boy look like he will move bac onto the property in a few weeks, part of a surviving shed on site is being converted to a liveable space..

Life begins anew :beerbang:

That's what us Aussies do mate. That shot is a classic. No doubt one the family will laugh at long after the old fella is gone. Cheers Yob.

that is a fantastic photo,shows (to me the aussie spirit),all that is missing is a beer in his hand.
again a fantastic photograph.

cheers....spog...

Amber Fluid said:
Is that your dad Yob or just one of the locals?
Yeah mate, a shot of the Old boy.. when he renovated the house, that Bathtub didnt really fit his designs so he hauled it up the block to hose the dogs off in... it's now the only bit of the old shack that remains... I hope he puts it back in now.

There was a bit of a working bee down there and they have put a partition in the shed up the block, he has a kitchen, toilet, power connected and a few windows put in.. rekon he will be back on site in a few weeks

Cheers Lads

Am also sorry to hear about your old man's house. By the photo he certianly looks like character. Glad to hear the he was safe along with the medals and photos, and the house insured. Still must be hard though, All the best in the rebuild.

Back