Sabsosa 2009

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
SA pop: 1,575,389 entries 210
QLD pop: 4,131,389 entries 230

Cmon guys time for the maroon team to get off its bum. And don't finally persuade Butters to get into comps please, please. B)

That is an interesting statistic, I hope to increase my entries next year once the AG rig is setup properly at home!

Hi all

The results have been posted on the SABSOSA site... thanks for your patience. SABSOSA 2009 Competition Results

Congrats to all the winners. Thanks again to the judges and stewards.

Get along to the presentation on Sunday at the Holdfast to meet up with fellow brewers and to congratulate the winners. You may even win one of two subsciptions to Beer and Brewer magazine that will be door prizes.

Cheers
Tim

where are the results?, I canna find them
If you entered the competition and provided an email address you should have them in your inbox by now.
Otherwise they will be posted on www.sabsosa.com within the next hour. Just had to confirm some results.

C&B
TDA

i am stoaked with my results.
1st and 2nd for my porters, 3rd for my strong stout, 3rd for my IPA, 2nd for my american brown (which was my fav BTW), and not so good for apa, 12th. dead last with my one and only lager(better start learning about lager brewing). 5 gongs from 7 entries. thanks to all the judges and stewards for their effort.

i might not be able to make the presentations on sunday as i am on call. will try to get there.

cheers,

Lobo

1st and 2nd for my porters, 3rd for my strong stout, 3rd for my IPA, 2nd for my american brown (which was my fav BTW), and not so good for apa, 12th. dead last with my one and only lager(better start learning about lager brewing). 5 gongs from 7 entries. thanks to all the judges and stewards for their effort.

i might not be able to make the presentations on sunday as i am on call. will try to get there.

cheers,

Lobo
wHOO hOO!!!, top job bloke!

lemme know when you put your Porter in the recipe DB! :D

cheers,

Lobo

have just looked through my bottle cupboard and realised i only have 1 stubby of my english IPA that scored 2nd, NONE (shit!) of my 1st place porter.

being my 1st sa brew comp i have a few questions.

will the national comp take just one stubby? or better still would any of the organisers know if there are any bottles left? all my beers i entered were 2x stubbies.

can i enter my 2nd place porter in both the categories? as im pretty sure that both beers were fitting into both those catogories. or will it be pointless if i can. probly pointless as its the same beer, but, then again it might be interesting to see if they score differently!

cheers,

Lobo

edit: thanks glaab, will let you know.

have just looked through my bottle cupboard and realised i only have 1 stubby of my english IPA that scored 2nd, NONE (shit!) of my 1st place porter.

being my 1st sa brew comp i have a few questions.

will the national comp take just one stubby? or better still would any of the organisers know if there are any bottles left? all my beers i entered were 2x stubbies.

can i enter my 2nd place porter in both the categories? as im pretty sure that both beers were fitting into both those catogories. or will it be pointless if i can. probly pointless as its the same beer, but, then again it might be interesting to see if they score differently!

cheers,

Lobo

edit: thanks glaab, will let you know.

Lobo,

With 5 gongs from 7 entries, surely you can just brew more award winning beer... ;)

Jeremy.

Better get busy brewing lobo!

Congratulations on your results by the way, outstanding effort!

You might have to start keeping aside 3 or more large bottles or a 6 pack of stubbies from each brew purely for competition. Hopefully you get the time to brew up another porter though to enter in the Nationals.

I kept aside a few extras of my entries just in case, but now I can happily drink them :lol:

cheers,

Crundle

...1st and 2nd for my porters...

This is the reason my only decent brew finished 3rd in this category behind your two entries! Boo!!!!! :p

Seriously though well done mate. :icon_cheers:

I was under the impression the same beer needed to be entered into the National Comp that won a top 3 berth in the State Comp - I could be wrong though!

Looks like the entries can be dropped off on the SA presentation day this Sunday.
I am heading there on Sunday, and am in Parkside, so if anyone needs a central-ish place to drop off I can hand them over with my solitary Porter on Sunday.

Linky for National form here:
http://www.aabc.org.au/docs/EntryFormAABC2009_v2.pdf

$10 per entry it would seem.

Cheers!

thanks crundle and raven, hopefully i will see you on sunday at the presentations.

Lobo

This is the reason my only decent brew finished 3rd in this category behind your two entries! Boo!!!!! :p

Seriously though well done mate. :icon_cheers:

I was under the impression the same beer needed to be entered into the National Comp that won a top 3 berth in the State Comp - I could be wrong though!

So you two knocked mine to 4th!!!

Cheers

Trophy Pics.

Sorry on quality - from the mobile phone.

Pic_0927_033.jpg

Pic_0927_034.jpg

Back