Sa Mid Year Case Swap 09

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phil, when it's said to bring a keg, thats not necessarily a literal thing...the point is, bring as much (or more) than you plan on consuming yourself, so that it "evens itself out in the wash", so to speak....If it's in kegs, it's easy, but if its in bottles, thats OK too. At this point, I'm unsure if I'll bring a keg...I might bring a variety of bottles instead ....depends on what I have on. Either way, it will be enough to replace what I drink. ;)

MMM how do I approach this........ there are some AG / kit / part time kit / part time Ag brewers who on some occassion's can't get their (shit right) carbonation levels right to less or waaaay to much. So you can spend as much time as you like brewing but if you don't get the tweak right at the end........... well I will drink what ever is rightly carbonated or will stay in the glass :lol: BTW and FWIW (flame suit on) there is a retailer on here who promotes AG but actually does have goo on his shelf :ph34r:

Lets all lighten up a bit I have been to two case swaps, one at my gaff which was a ball... from memory <_< and the last at Smurto's which I can remember :eek: Lesson learnt from my first swap.

BYB

:lol: BTW and FWIW (flame suit on) there is a retailer on here who promotes AG but actually does have goo on his shelf :ph34r:

BYB

To come to the said retailers defence,
I know somebody that works for a major cigarrette company but has never smoked themselfs...How you earn a living and what your personal choices in life are can be seperate.. ;)

BTW, I'm one who can put up his hand and say " I f#$%^ed up the carbonation", I won't be offering anything at the swap unless I'm happy with others drinking it..

Himzo.

I've just put my name on the wiki - that makes 24

Sorry to ask but are 640ml longnecks okay or should they be 750mls? I only have 3 x 750mls and lots of 640mls, maybe a good time to go buy some coopers stout :)

Mick

BTW, I\\\'m one who can put up his hand and say \\\" I f#$%^ed up the carbonation\\\", I won\\\'t be offering anything at the swap unless I\\\'m happy with others drinking it..

Himzo.

And that is exactly why my beer did not make the xmas case swap. Mind you a few months on and some serious venting of bottles my ESB isnt tasting to bad :)

BYB

Sorry to ask but are 640ml longnecks okay or should they be 750mls? I only have 3 x 750mls and lots of 640mls, maybe a good time to go buy some coopers stout :)

Mick

FFS Mick you will start a war. You will have brewers out with their slide rulers, calculators, dumpy levels aw f**k the list goes on.

Me personally I am fine with 640ml. I'm still geting over the Rocket Fuel from last July :wacko: For those who hung on that Rocket Fuel is just hitting its straps

phil, when it\'s said to bring a keg, thats not necessarily a literal thing...the point is, bring as much (or more) than you plan on consuming yourself, so that it \"evens itself out in the wash\", so to speak....If it\'s in kegs, it\'s easy, but if its in bottles, thats OK too. At this point, I\'m unsure if I\'ll bring a keg...I might bring a variety of bottles instead ....depends on what I have on. Either way, it will be enough to replace what I drink. ;)

Someone brings the keg I'll bring the pump. Stout through the Engine in winter..... a scene to die for

BYB

I've just put my name on the wiki - that makes 24

Mick

It may be ok if its a higher alcohol beer! :lol:

I bought a carton of longneck pales over the weekend for this very reason. Felt so dirty buying beer! <_<

i think the aim was for 750ml bottles but there were plenty of 640's floating around. dont sweat too much, just make sure it's either REALLY good or REALLY bad :p

i think the aim was for 750ml bottles but there were plenty of 640's floating around. dont sweat too much, just make sure it's either REALLY good or REALLY bad :p

And Experimental...:)

I will offer a choice and go with the Majority:
- Award Wining English Barley Wine Recipe 11% - was Best AG beer in SABSOSA 2007 and 1 point off best AG last year
Tried & true.
- AG Trios Pistoles - also have developed a K&B Version - tried & true - has star Anise in it - might not be liked by all.
- Forbidden Fruit Clone - better than commercial - tried & true -
- Never done before Thomas Hardy BW...been waiting to get the Peat smoked Malt for this which i hav enow.
- Never done before Belgian Scotch silly - ^alc%
- or a wanting to be done Flanders Red - I ahve a lambic (3726 Roselare Yeast base - Oak Barrel aging for a year to blend with the new Brew) - based on an award wining USA Falnders recipe.

Just let me know soon so that I can brew It :)

Alternatively - I could just brew them all over the next few weeks and then decide.
:beerbang:

But I dont have enough long necks.....

640mL is fine.

Kenny, how many longnecks are you short? Am sure i can scrape together enough for the both of us

Barleywine needs a long time to age so how old will it be by the swap? I have 18L in secondary now but i only made it to go up against you at SABSOSA so wont be giving it away! :lol:

bottles are fine. Sorry bout that, i assumed everyone kegs cos, well, why wouldnt you? :super:

Stout thru the engine = liquid silk.

Best ever beer i had at Grumpys was Black Betty, a brown porter that was more stout than porter, thru a beer engine. Effin gorgeous she was. Still to attempt to make something similar.

Anyone brewed their beer yet? Hoping to get the stout down in the next week or 2 so it has an extended conditioning time. I've made it before so its a tested recipe - 1st in the dry stout category - ANAWBS 2008 (2nd SABSOSA 2008)

Anyone brewed their beer yet? Hoping to get the stout down in the next week or 2 so it has an extended conditioning time. I've made it before so its a tested recipe - 1st in the dry stout category - ANAWBS 2008 (2nd SABSOSA 2008)

I am going to struggle to make it mine before Cricket Season Ends, 6 wks plus finals (only a possibility). Then more brewing ahoy!

Then again, I may be able to fit it in earlier - depends on when my mate is free as the brew rig setup is in his shed!

just a small point here, what is the date of the swap meet
fergi

Ill be making mine soon just need to organise some hops and candi sugar

KHB

are you involved? are you coming? if not, I have two words with three F's.

are you involved? are you coming? if not, I have two words with three F's.

No I am not coming but I might rent out some full kegs if that is allowed on this site??

cheers

Darren

... but I might rent out some full kegs if that is allowed on this site??

i doubt it, considering the possible legal interpretations and the moderators likeliness to cover the site's ass...

besides if the last swap was anything to go by, we should be set...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back