Sa Mid Year Case Swap 09

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
No that would be someone else in the BBC who we dont here from anymore. Also how does a quote from a different thread make it into this one??? Do you have nothing better to do than start fights???

Cheers KHB

What you talking about Willis?

Only quoted from this thread KHB. Have a look back.

cheers

Darren

EDIT: Perhaps you have something to feel defensive about?.

I will be in the swap at this stage. Beer wont be dark or bottle conditioned /CPBF

MY bad looked back, remembered it from another thread.

KHB

I have taken your name off Fergi. You should start a new thread to see if you can drum up business for a non-AG swap.

Now that is a great idea. The swap can still happen where ever and whilst there they could try some AG beer :) But then again we could all taste some non-ag beer and be pleasantly suprised :)

BYB

Hey BYB,

Your not a chef by any chance are you?

cheers

Darren

Nup just a cook

BYB

Fergi could alway try and hit up GMK for a brew day at his place, as his AG gear is just sitting there going to waste, I hear he's mainly K&K's these days. Something about not having the time to do it anymore, this could be an opportunity to rekindle the passion to brew real beer again. The other theory is he might be better off staying with K&K as there is less chances of floaties in his beer using a tin of goo and a bag of sugar :p

All said with love and tongue firmly stuck in cheek ;)

:( Had a long meaningfull talk with GMK this week-end.

BYB

BYB, are you the vegemite, peanut paste etc brewer?

cheers

Darren

Nup again, he works for a little known brewery in Lyndoch.

BYB

:( Had a long meaningfull talk with GMK this week-end.
Oh do tell and don't leave out the rauchy bits either....... ;)

BYB perhap you'd like to host the Inaugural K&K only case swap at your place, you'll more "TWANG!!!" then the Tamworth Country Music Festival :eek:

Spoke to Claire on the weekend and since you were so well behaved we are happy to offer up our place again for the mid year swap should Wayne not be able to.

For those of you who didnt make it up at xmas check out the pics here - Link

Plenty of room and lots of shed space for all those who plan on crashing.

Will be very cold up here at that time of the year so we normally fire up a few braziers and i will be making sure the air con in the bar is fixed by then.

16 beers on tap at the xmas swap, i reckon we do do better.

EDIT - also vote to combine the 2 swaps on the same day - AG and the kits and bits so we get more brewers together in the 1 spot.

Ok,

Where do I put my name down for attending?

My attendance will be date dependant, I generally go skiing late July, early August.

Hey DR. S, if it's at your place I have four braziers I can lend for the occasion.

Himzo.

Ok,
My attendance will be date dependant, I generally go skiing late July, early August.
Hey DR. S, if it's at your place I have four braziers I can lend for the occasion.
Himzo.
On here Himzo.

only 4 more spots left!

only 4 more spots left!
So what is the maximum number to Swap?
I know there is 24 places on the Wiki. But if you do a single batch 23L, waste 2 in tastes and racking and bottle 21L = 28 x 750ml bottles, save a few to try, potentially swap 24 , therefore, 25 names to Swap.
If you keg 18L would also make 24 x 750ml bottles.
So I think we could change it to 25 for the swap, and bring 24 on the day.
If it fills up soon, we could add an 'Emergency reserve list', a few people did pull out at the last minute last time.

So what is the maximum number to Swap?
I know there is 24 places on the Wiki. But if you do a single batch 23L, waste 2 in tastes and racking and bottle 21L = 28 x 750ml bottles, save a few to try, potentially swap 24 , therefore, 25 names to Swap.
If you keg 18L would also make 24 x 750ml bottles.
So I think we could change it to 25 for the swap, and bring 24 on the day.
If it fills up soon, we could add an 'Emergency reserve list', a few people did pull out at the last minute last time.

I will be brewing a double batch - 40L. Only because i gave away all of my beer last time and want a whole keg to myself this time! :icon_drunk:

25 works so that we bring 24 bottles - 2 full milk crates.

sorry, I do 20 litre batches...so that is only really 26ish bottles, 2 to taste and 24 to swap...

but if we get more swappers (the more the merrier I say) - it won't be too hard to scale from 20 litres to 23....(unless you aren't competent with beersmith :huh: )

Im in!
Thanks Wayne and/or DrSmurto for the venue

Ok,

Himzo.

Champion! We will need them, not quite snow but the frosts up here in winter look like snow they are that thick!

But after the cold day for the xmas swap it will prob turn into a nice sunny day.....

Regardless of where it is held, i vote RustyCs smoker makes an appearance again, along with Waynes 'tandoori oven'.

Only thing better IMO would be holding it at someones house who had a wood fired pizza oven :icon_drool2:

Champion! We will need them, not quite snow but the frosts up here in winter look like snow they are that thick!

But after the cold day for the xmas swap it will prob turn into a nice sunny day.....

Regardless of where it is held, i vote RustyCs smoker makes an appearance again, along with Waynes 'tandoori oven'.

Only thing better IMO would be holding it at someones house who had a wood fired pizza oven :icon_drool2:

I would offer to bring up my decks and spin some beats for everybody... :huh: oh - wrong forum <_<

I have aquired a 44gallon drum to make a smoker so i may have one to drop off to be used too!!

KHB

We appointed an architect for rebuilding our place last Friday, While we are living away from here I will be building a Wood Fired Oven at that place (currently a rental we own), and then when we move back will be building one here.. so when I get to hold one of these meets in the future there will definately be one...

OK - I have my name down -

but want them to be bottle conditioned or filled with a coounter flow pressure filler.

Now need to work out what to brew.....

Leaning towards a Forbidden Fruit.....

:)

More then happy to bring the smoker back up glad to here that everyone enjoyed it at the xmas swap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back