Sa Micros On Show!

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wee stu

wee stu's brury - hand made beers, award winning l
Reaction score
The Tasting Australia festival is on again in Adelaide from next Saturday 13 October.

One of the highlights is always the Feast for the Senses jamboree held in Elder Park. This year on Saturday 13 from 4-9pm and Sunday 14 October from 11am to 6pm.

Whilst there is always lots of good wine and food to be had during the event, this year they have introduced something far more interesting - Beer! :beer:

Most of the members of SAMBA (South Australian Micro Brewers Association) will have stands in place offering beers for tasting (at a modest price, I believe). Breweries involved include Steam Exchange, Yorke Brewing, Gulf, Barossa Valley Brewing, Lobethal Bierhause, TAFE Campus Brewery, Barrossa Brewing Company. (Sorry if I have missed anyone off the list.)

I'll be heading down on Saturday night to talk to the brewers and have a few swigs. Anyone else interested?

Sunday is probably ruled out for me because I will be tied up with another Tasting Australia Event - The ANAWBS Presentation Show, being held at Regency TAFE from 1pm. The TAFE Campus Brewery have generously donated beer for this event also, to add to our normal practice of letting the public sample all the wine entries once the presentations are out of the way.

looks like we are gearing up for a big weekend in the City of Churches next week. Well big as it gets for the City of Churches, anyway ;)

Jamboree?, are you a scout or something? Dib Dib Dib

Another beer drinking event? Ok, I'm in.

put me down, put me down. Any excuse to drink and talk beer. :)

Im aiming to get to both the ANAWBS presentation day and the SAMBA tent at Tasting Australia.

(At this stage I will be supplying some of this seasons (Yorkes grown) wheat and barley plants for decorating the SAMBA stand)
Sholud be a yet another great weekend!

Mudsta :beerbang:

Sounds good will be there......Also heading to the Squire's Dinner ...(belated birthday present)

Cheers
JSB

Actually I will be heading down on Sunday. I need to relieve some friend of their money in a poker game on Saturday night.

I'll be heading there between 5 & 6pm tomorrow (Saturday) - maybe catch up with a few guys then?

who went along to have a look?
i had a few beers on the Saturday.
great to see a whole tent of micro beers :)
unfortunately i didn't get to try them all.

Popped down today for a couple.

Tried Gulf Pils and Octoberfest, both very nice beers. Really like the Pils.

Also had the Pale and IPA from Lobethal Bierhaus, again nice beers, especially the IPA for a 4.8% beer.

Great arvo, could have stayed longer but for a shocking head cold.

C&B
TDA

I braved the cold weather on Friday night (I had another, unavoidable, beer related event on Saturday).

Great to see 14 micro brewed SA beers on tap in one location. I wouldn't say there was a bad one amongst them, far from it.

I won't play favourites - but I have to admit that my "one for the road" beer was the trial brew from Barossa Valley Brewing. Be interesting to see if they really can replicate that hop hit in a true commercial run.

Not only good beers, but a great bunch of brewers - all happy to spare the time to talk about the beers.

awrabest, stu

It was a very interesting event - would love to have had time to explore more of the food and "liquids" on sale around the event.

The Microbrewery tent was an interesting place to be around lunch time today, you could barely get to the bars for a beer. A lot of educating of palettes and we reached some people that didn't know about microbreweries and some people that didn't know you could have that sort of flavours in beers.

It was amazing the number of women that came in with their male partners (who naturally came for a refreshing beer from one of us), that we tempted with our Kitten 9 Tails Oktoberfest - the high malt and low bitterness got them in, then we got them onto the pale and then if we still couldn't get something they liked, we moved them on to the Barossa Valley Brewing's Bee Sting honey wheat beer next to us - I think we made a lot of difference to beer perceptions doing this. The same thing happened across all of the microbreweries.

All in all, I think all the Microbreweries were happy with how much education of peoples palletes we achieved and naturally the odd beer sale or 2 :)

Cheers
Pedro

Great to hear that everything when wel.l I went down on the Saturday night a was very glad that I got the tram in. I was able to have a try of all the beer and I have to say whilst I had tryed alot of the local micro's all the guy's down there did a greatt service to them self they put on a great show. All the beers where top notch. Even managed to convert a mate that I was down there with he's normally a westend drinker and by the end of the night he was happy sipping on an IPA from lobethel Bierhaus. Can't single out any one beer thought that they where all great can't wait for the next Tasting Australia

Back