SA AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kai said:
first one will be Hawkesy's Rye IPA, never had a rye beer before.
[post="96934"][/post]​
The Rye IPA will be my first too. It is currently chilling in the fridge and will make for refreshing drink at the end of a 38C day.

Rye IPA seems a little coffeelike, thought not in a roasty way. Definitely full-bodied. The bitterness is still holding the back half of my tongue hostage.

Next up Crispy's IPA.

Surprisingly similar malt flavour on crispy's ipa, if a little less intense. Aroma is nice and subtle, even slightly minty. A little sweetness in the middle but a nice clean finish. Bitterness doesn't linger like Hawkesy's.

Next up Beach Brewery IPA.

Indeed a great day yesterday. Thanks for being so damn helpful on my day of hung overedness.

My brews are both professionally labelled with masking tape and blue texta. The Black Sh*#ter Porter is ready to drink no worries, but the BSVE Pils is definately not. I bottled it only yesterday morning, so leave it for a few weeks at least. It's not one I've tried, so I hope it turns out OK.

Boots - good man for the increased bid. A worthy cause. PM me to let me know when you want to pick it up. And yeah - try and time child birth a bit better, next time!!! ;)

Thanks again fellas!!!

AMac

Beach Brewery IPA, it's a boy! My bottle frothed over a bit in glass. Settling now though with good lacing.

Lighter than both the other IPAs but still with good body. Same minty aroma as crispy's, yet a little stronger. Well balanced all the way through and finishes with a nice little tickle of bitterness on the sides of the tongue.

Next up pedro's plight.

[EDIT] manjaz's kiwi mongrel lager instead

Not bad at all, naz. Nice euro hop aroma even with the kiwi hops. A little grapefruit and some slight dryness in the mouth but it's not detracting at all.

Next up pedro's plight.

I have just finished the Rye IPA. At first I found it a bit cloying and a bit much for me. I think that was because I wasn't familiar with the Rye. After I got into I enjoyed it. The bitterness really does hang around.

Pedro's plight,
You're right pedro, a little overcarbed. Head vanished too, but realistically it's not been served under the most ideal conditions considering all the travelling it's done and that it's had a 30 minute chill time. Overtipped the bottle too and got a bit too much yeast in it :(

Next up the skunk fart

Just finished TDA's Okto. I wish I could make lagers like this. An excellent drop. A really nice rich malt flavour with just the right bitternes balance. It finishes very clean. A very enjoyable drop.

Skunk fart aroma is rich in both hops and malt, wonderful freshness from the hops, nice fruit salad on flavour too. Subtly tart but with body to meet it and a perfect malt backbone. Juicy.

Next up TDA's okto.

mmm, malt.

crisp, clean and cold. and wonderful

no more tasting today. this and a wedge of roquefort are a sufficently adequate finale.

Okay, maybe just one more. Pedro told us not to drink his pils because it is too bitter, but I'm drinking it anyway. It's too bitter. But, I like it. But, it's yeasty like the light. But, it goes nicely with the cheese.

I wonder if Kai will have any left by Xmas :eek: ??

Sure can, but it's one of mine.

whos doing your typing kai.i thought by this stage of the arvo you would be very nazjamish on words. :ph34r: :party:

cheers
big d

All these wonderful beers just steer my fingers on the keyboard, Dave. I save the jazmanese for chat.

My humble apologies for not being able to make it to Anthony Macs. Long story short I did not have a vehicle to do any dropping off and after Fridays Xmas piss up.... well I could not drive a greasy stick up a pigs's arse anyway :blink: . Thank you Gulf Brewery for filling in. :)

I had one of the beers go off in my kitchen today so please beware of Simons Old Ale, I would be releasing the gas or fridging it as soon as possible.

I will be beginning the task odf devouring those beers that are ready within 24 hours :chug: .

And thanks for the favourable reviews Aaron and Kai :beer:

C&B
TDA

also with gmk beers i would put them in the fridge just incase as they are over carberd

Both of Simon's beers are refrigerated.

Having just one more final beer, Aaron's pale ale. Good hops, luxurious malt, but a little yeasty. I'm beginning to think I'm drinking these things too early.

Yours wastefully,

Back