SA AHB Xmas Case 2005

Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum

Help Support Australia & New Zealand Homebrewing Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ok - mine are ready to drink - opened a bottle the other night..

They both are over primed - so will let a little gas out before saturday...

I will bring soem of my Prototype Mash Paddle Porter for tasting/feedback.

mine are ready to drink having been in the bottle a few months. prolly overcarbonated though(not bombs!!) so will need to sit for a while b4 pouring. Haven't bottled in 18 months and it shows!!

IIRC I dropped off 48 stubbies and so a couple spare for you and your helpers AnthonyMac.

cheers
roach

Both of my brews are ready to drink. They should both be pretty close to in their prime. I haven't tasted the IPA for a while but the APA was tasting good a week ago.

I will be there by twelve to drop off and to assist.

Noticed that and drank them already - - - - - ha - kidding! Thanks Roach!!! Appreciate it. So there is a little charity in the SA Xmas case after all. :beer:

My american brown ale is ready to drink, the glacier summer ale is ready only if you like your beer headless and raw. Drinking one right now, for the sake of science.

I'll be there 11:30-12 for the sorting, anthony. Should be fun.

roach said:
IIRC I dropped off 48 stubbies and so a couple spare for you and your helpers AnthonyMac.

\0/

Tasted my Rather Ordinary Bitter today. It's had almost 2 weeks in the bottle.

The good news is.... it's not disgusting. :)

It's not too bad at all. There's a kind of sweetness that I guess comes from the Crystal, and a faint kind of nutty flavour. It was quite lowly carbonated, but that's what I expected after only 11 days in the bottle, and I only bulk primed with 90g dextrose in 21L of beer (about 2 volumes of CO2 by my calcs).

So, it may just be a worthy inclusion into the Xmas Case. :chug:

Both my beers are ready to drink.

The Little Big Man is not so much over carbonated as a trifle exuberant when warm :) , isn't it Aaron? I would suggest you drink it youngish and not at room temperature.

The Kilt Lifter wee heavy is very drinkable now, IMHO, but it is a fairly big and heavy beer so you may choose to let it age.

Don't forget to add a little something extra for Santa and charity. The online auction may be off the agenda, but I'm confident those present at Anthony's on Saturday will do something for a good cause :party: .

(if the last paragraph is too cryptic for you, PM me and I will explain it further - no need to take even this topic needlessly off thread)

both mine are ready but i do pefrer the kiwi mongrel lager

Well, that was a great day with some great beers on show, a good effort on the sorting and one or two moments of high action. Pictures to come later

Thanks to all those who contributed. Going to be some fun nights between now and xmas.

For those in the xmas case, please leave the pils I put in for a few months, it is a bit too bitter right now.

Cheers
Pedro

also with mine i havent put me famous label one but the beer so with cap J1 is the kiwi mongrel lager and the one with j2 on cap is the kiwi pils both are ready to drink and a good day had by all today

A top day indeed despite a couple of explosions. Some great beers on display too. My personal favourite of the day was Tim's Belgian.

If everyone that doesn't have really distinctive labels could post a description of their bottles that would be great. There are a few in there I'm not sure about.

Can't wait to drink them.

ok - the bottles labelled ICS = Imperial Chocolate Stout - my attempt at a Youngs Double Choc Stout - but over the last few months - choc has diffenitely subsided.
Partial mash/kits & Bits Clone

TT = Timothy Taylor Landlord Ale Clone - AG - the recipe that has Styrian and some belgian biscuit malt in it.

Both my beers are a little too gassy.
Vented them today before delivery - but chill before opening and open slowley.

Who got the charity case.

The Adelaide Womens' and Childrens' Hospital Foundation is better off to the tune of $100, and boots is the proud father of a singularly impressive looking charity chase.

Many thanks to everyone who made extra contributions to the case.

After hearing about what's actually in the charity case, I'm increasing my bid (post auction) to $120. It's still nowhere near what the case is worth but it's as much as I can afford at the moment, and i wanted to make sure that all who donated felt it was worthwhile and appreciated.

Top work guys, especially you guys who did all the organising. I'm sorry I couldn't have timed my year a bit better and been more involved <_< :)

I will be making the donation in the name of "Aussiehombrewer.com - South Australia" and I'll post the acknowledgement in this thread.

Cheers everyone and merry christmas

Edit: typo

Well done Boots on a noble gesture and generous bid.

With a receipt of "Aussiehombrewer.com - South Australia" we will all be making tax deductions!

What a good day. Look forward to doing something like that again.

Thanks to all who had beers to share. They were all pretty bloody good, so it was hard to pick a favourite.

I take there where no explosions on the way home?

Quick note on my beers - the Airborne Forces Freedom Ale (Belgium thing) is ready to drink now, while the Dark Ale is seriously undercarbonated, so hold off on that one for as long as you can.

Hey brewers,
A big thanx to everyone who spent the afternoon juggling around bottles in A'mac's carport and to everyone who put their beers in. :super:
Looking forward to getting stuck into them all. :chug:

All my love
Jayse

My xmas case has been distributed to all four corners of the beer fridge, aside from the bottles I think were in need of further conditioning. Looking forward to getting stuck in, I reckon the first one will be Hawkesy's Rye IPA, never had a rye beer before.

well done to boots on the charity case...

Well done to everyone who helped out and brewed the beers to go into it.

Big thanks to Anthony Mac for volunteering his house for the xmas case swap.

Pity i had to go early - had the Lyndoch Primary School Auction Dinner night - i was on duty and volunteering another home brew lesson - Partial...for the night.

Back